Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · EIZO CG&Colornavigator question

I.G.I.
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · EIZO CG&Colornavigator question

Hi, a question to all of you using Eizo's ColourGraphic series monitors in conjunction with the Colornavigator. Recently bought the CG223W, so far very pleased with the quality (to my surprise and delight it came with the factory quality control individual measurement sheet), except for one UI annoyance.

Monitor profiles can not be changed as customary from the System Preferences/ Displays but only from the monitor menu. This would've been fine for me as there are three options for custom calibrated profiles; or so I though... As I read in the manual, and subsequently confirmed in practice, the CAL1, 2, and 3 are not three options for each input signal (connection to the PC), but only one of them corresponds to each of the input signal connections. In other words, in the monitor menu I can store only one custom profile at a time. To toggle between several custom profiles I have to open the Colornavigator. No need to tell, I find this very inconvenient.

Is there a way to circumvent this annoying shortsightedness and assign CAL1, 2, and 3 to custom profiles while using the same PC monitor connection?

Jan 17, 2013 at 08:30 PM
Alan321
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · EIZO CG&Colornavigator question

Just in case you are not aware, there is a good reason for having to use the Colornavigator software. Just think of it as the clever way of using the system preferences / displays menu.

I think you'll find that the monitor profile in the system preferences / Displays panel is nothing more than a dummy do-nothing profile and that all of the real work is done inside the monitor using its own profile data and its own lookup tables and cpu. The graphics card plays no part in it, which is generally good because nearly all graphics cards cannot be as precise as the monitor internals are. They use only 8-bit data tables instead of 10-bit or 12-bit or whatever the Eizo uses.

- Alan

Jan 20, 2013 at 09:40 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password