Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Traditional mounted album

sherijohnson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · Traditional mounted album

SOOO yesterday I got to see and look at a LOT of albums at USA Imaging. I do have to say that if there was anything like I described above Renaissance comes closest to it. I personally would use a book like that as a portfolio type book more than anything simply because it really gives that "art" look to the images similar to how I hang them on the wall in frames with mats.

Jan 21, 2013 at 03:34 PM
jmraso
• • • •
p.2 #2 · Traditional mounted album

sherijohnson wrote:
SOOO yesterday I got to see and look at a LOT of albums at USA Imaging. I do have to say that if there was anything like I described above Renaissance comes closest to it. I personally would use a book like that as a portfolio type book more than anything simply because it really gives that "art" look to the images similar to how I hang them on the wall in frames with mats.

Thanks a lot for pointing out, I am just now at Renaissance site to try to see anything.

Jaime

Jan 21, 2013 at 04:12 PM
marko1953
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · Traditional mounted album

With Renaissance, is there special software for designing the album? How is that done?

Jan 24, 2013 at 09:27 AM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · Traditional mounted album

marko1953 wrote:
With Renaissance, is there special software for designing the album? How is that done?

The Renaissance albums (at least the galleria) is done either in photoshop (BLOWS) or with the ROES system.
The ROES system is fine however you cannot save the design or let your couple look at it. This is a huge problem IMO and I have been on Renaissance for a while now to fix the problem and either get better software or else get some InDesign files. Photoshop album design sucks and if your computer crashes during the ROES design things can get rough.
The Renaissance albums themselves are amazing. You pull that thing out and unless you have it next to a Queensberry it will bury any other album available.

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:26 AM
sozypozy
• • •
p.2 #5 · Traditional mounted album

It depends on personal preferences to be honest.

Jan 24, 2013 at 03:15 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.2 #6 · Traditional mounted album

Doug...do you prefer it with the white matting or the black? I am way leaning more to the white...seems more "classic" and more art-like than the black.

Jan 24, 2013 at 04:26 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · Traditional mounted album

joelconner wrote:
Doug...do you prefer it with the white matting or the black? I am way leaning more to the white...seems more "classic" and more art-like than the black.

White on white for us. I would not even consider doing something else. Black album pages.... yuck.
White is the only way IMO period.

Jan 24, 2013 at 04:33 PM
Inku Yo
• • • •
p.2 #8 · Traditional mounted album

Queensberry.

Jan 24, 2013 at 04:55 PM
jmraso
• • • •
p.2 #9 · Traditional mounted album

Inku Yo,

Beautiful stuff, thanks for posting !!!

Jaime

Jan 24, 2013 at 07:03 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ricardovaste
• • • •
p.2 #10 · Traditional mounted album

Just had an inquiry specifically wanting a matted album :/. So few people express an interest I'm unsure whether it's worth paying quite a sum just for the sample. Dilemmas!

Jan 24, 2013 at 08:37 PM
Inku Yo
• • • •
p.2 #11 · Traditional mounted album

ricardovaste wrote:
Just had an inquiry specifically wanting a matted album :/. So few people express an interest I'm unsure whether it's worth paying quite a sum just for the sample. Dilemmas!

Show what you want to sell.

Jan 24, 2013 at 08:41 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.2 #12 · Traditional mounted album

Inku Yo wrote:
Show what you want to sell.

I understand the principle, I'm just not entirely sure how to apply it to this dilemma. I'm not against selling such an album, they seem great quality & would contrast/offer a different perspective against my regular albums. So I guess you could say "yes", I want to sell them. But can I sell them? Seems rather unlikely given the cost for me. Perhaps if I meet this inquiry I can put a more definitive answer together...

Jan 24, 2013 at 09:11 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.2 #13 · Traditional mounted album

ricardovaste wrote:

some album companies will loan you a sample... just a thought, you never know if you don't ask

Jan 24, 2013 at 09:14 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.2 #14 · Traditional mounted album

sherijohnson wrote:
some album companies will loan you a sample... just a thought, you never know if you don't ask

A simple 10 spread sample actually wouldn't be too expensive BUT would people really buy at 90-120% the cost of services? Questions... If I had.loads of people asking it would be an easier question of course...

Jan 24, 2013 at 09:26 PM
Inku Yo
• • • •
p.2 #15 · Traditional mounted album

ricardovaste wrote:
A simple 10 spread sample actually wouldn't be too expensive BUT would people really buy at 90-120% the cost of services? Questions... If I had.loads of people asking it would be an easier question of course...

The question you need to answer is, "Do you want to sell them?"

Jan 24, 2013 at 09:49 PM
jmraso
• • • •
p.2 #16 · Traditional mounted album

Sure they are expensive samples but if there is not one in the studio then there wont be sellings of this product unless some one out of the blue wants one, I started to sell leather cover (kind of expensive) when I brought a sample in leather.

I beleive I will start selling matted albums when I get a sample, not sure how many but for sure it will sell other albums as I think it is a good selling tool itself.

Jaime

Jan 24, 2013 at 09:55 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.2 #17 · Traditional mounted album

Well, I got my answer today. I had a simple email saying:

"Unfortunately we can't stretch to that amount. Thanks for your time"

So if that is what I get then no, I do not want to sell matted albums. I do find such feedback most frustrating, no chance to meet and discuss anything, no real opportunity to engage. Do they just not see the value in my photography? Or is the cost of albums overwhelming? I'm a sucker for even caring I know

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:31 AM
jmraso
• • • •
p.2 #18 · Traditional mounted album

ricardovaste wrote:
Well, I got my answer today. I had a simple email saying:

"Unfortunately we can't stretch to that amount. Thanks for your time"(

Do they think they will find a cheaper or much cheaper matted album from other photographer probably not.

The "problem" may be that many couples dont know the price/cost of what they are asking for, a matted album they just like them and want one if they do.

Jaime

Jan 28, 2013 at 02:25 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password