Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

Archive 2013 · Say Something Nice

TAGfan
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · Say Something Nice

Alessandro - dude's talented and his observations always make me think. Shot with me twice this year and was a real pleasure to spend time with

Jan 17, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Scott Mosher
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · Say Something Nice

Sam Hassas. I've shot with him a few times and hung out more times. Great guy, great teacher and isn't afraid to tell you how it is without making you feel bad/defensive.

Jan 17, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · Say Something Nice

This is so easy for so many people that it actually becomes hard. Here's a few. I'll try to add more later...

Alan MacDonald - His love for photographing his family makes me love photography more.

Alan Abrams - Incredibly considerate to almost anyone and impossible to not get along with.

Amy Dale - Goes out of her way with constant generosity and thoughtfulness and remembers important things
about your life

Ari SomethingSomething - Super chill but crazy talented. Thinks of himself as a student rather than the expert that he is.

Chuck - A dream of a person to have a collaboration with. Honest and real.

Doug Treiber - Great guy who lives life the way he wants to live.

Ed Pingol - The guy that made me realize that the nicest people are often the best photographers. When he's around, you're having fun no matter what.

Evan Baines - One of the classiest people I've ever met and the man who made me like wine.

Farid Widjaya - A very giving guy who really knows what's important in life and is one of the few locals I'd ever consider hiring.

Jason Prezant - Super open and honest. Will give you the shirt off his back and then tell everyone he knows that he's shirtless

Jim Colman - It's hard to imagine a man that I respect more for both his generosity and his drive to succeed.

Jim Heine - One of the hardest workers I've ever come across and a man that is truly starting to get the business that he's deserved by earning it.

Jon Mold - The best person on earth to be at a party with if you want to meet new people. Probably the most humble great photographer I know.

Jon-Mark Wiltshire - As hungry as any photographer I know. Dives in head first to photography and takes technique very seriously.

Katie Merkle - The most selfless person on earth. A great travel companion. Knows how to avoid shady hot dog carts.

Keith & Ali Lee - Incredibly supportive and amazingly talented. Super generous people who really care for their friends.

Matt Bailly - All-around great guy, great person to have a conversation with

Matt & Chera Yorke - Two people that I desperately wish lived closer. We hit it off with them immediately.

Maura - I can imagine anyone so willing to sacrifice herself for the people she loves. Her continuous acts of love are awe-inspiring.

Maurice Ramirez - My man crush. He's the best 'explainer' of posing that I've seen in person.

Mel & Jeff Mansfield - Hearts the size of Texas with all of their priorities exactly where they should be

Michael Cauffman - Heart of gold. Loves his family. Always looking to improve.

Miguel Serrano - A relentless hard worker and an amazingly nice guy who's never once come to visit despite being my neighbor.

Pat Furey - Stylish and a really awesome blend of a very young person who's also very mature and intelligent beyond his years.

Rich Lavigne - Total pro who's always willing to grow and a super respectful guy who seems to not have a mean bone in his body.

Rob L. - Funny, quirky and knows how to party like a mad man. Great group of friends too!

Sam Hassas - A great friend that can take a joke as well as he can give them. Always candid. The most creative photographer I know.

Scott Vuocolo - Great guy, good golfer. One of those people that just seems to really garner your respect.

Sergio Mottola - Unassuming and honest. A very easy person to talk to and just a really good conversationalist.

Shane Deringer - Quite literally the nicest person on earth. Not afraid to embarrass himself to have a good time. Better than me at laser tag.

Todd Reichman - Does more good things for this industry than anyone I've met and a way better photographer than he let's on.

Todd Wilson - Always brings fun and humor to any conversation. Hard to not have fun when you're with him.

Tony Schreiber - Crazy amounts of style and the ability to walk through Vegas unfazed while getting screamed at by an insane person.

Travis Williams - A man who surprises you with how happy and energetic he is to be around.

Vic Pellicier - The funniest person on the internets. IMO.

Zalmy Berkowitz - Has no idea how good he is at photography. One of the most interesting people I've met. Everyone gravitates right to him.

I know I'm barely scratching the surface here... I'm so lucky to have met so many of you!

Jan 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM
julieawhitlock
• •
p.2 #4 · Say Something Nice

I'll second the Yorkes. Thankfully they do live close to me and they are genuinely delightful!!

Jan 18, 2013 at 01:46 AM
tobicus
• • •
p.2 #5 · Say Something Nice

Ron (friscoron) - he's invited my wife and I to a few gatherings, and though things haven't panned out yet, I'm sure we'll get to shoot together someday.

Jan 18, 2013 at 02:04 AM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · Say Something Nice

Tony wins the thread.

Jan 18, 2013 at 02:59 AM
widjayaman
• • •
p.2 #7 · Say Something Nice

tony cheated!

Jan 18, 2013 at 03:00 AM
Ziffl3
• • • •
p.2 #8 · Say Something Nice

A big shout out to Newyorkone ..... Steven Wu .... Mr Leica himself.
Great to shoot with ...while bringin' the new york style.

and another shout out to a cancer surviver ... G-money aka... Greg.... for giving me my start and will to help anybody when he has time to get on FM.

.....Mitch in Socal.... a blast to hang with him and his family in Taiwan .... a kindred spirit in the wedding shooter world.

Edited on Jan 19, 2013 at 01:47 AM · View previous versions

Jan 18, 2013 at 03:37 AM
cbres00
• • •
p.2 #9 · Say Something Nice

I'm gonna cheat by giving two names:

1- Steve Tinetti. Steve has been a dear friend and a GREAT mentor to me. Much of my basic development as a pro came from his comments and constructive insights on my work. I have had the privilege of shooting with him a few times and I've always had a blast. Big props to you, Steve-O!

2- BGP1 - Brian Gross. I met Brian at a SF FM shootout almost 4 years ago. He's been my second shooter for a while and he ALWAYS brings what I want: superb images that compliment my style. He's a smart guy, an awesome photographer and a great friend. And his daughter Chloe is so cute I want to adopt her.

Jan 18, 2013 at 04:14 AM
TTLKurtis
• • • • •
p.2 #10 · Say Something Nice

This ridiculous post count and all I get is a stripper pole reference. I think something inside of me actually hurts. Is that what feelings are?

Jan 18, 2013 at 04:24 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ian Ivey
• • •
p.2 #11 · Say Something Nice

No, no, Kurtis, that's gas. Feelings are things like "lonely," or "happy," or "drunk." You probably have at least one of those.

Jan 18, 2013 at 04:27 AM
DONIV
• •
p.2 #12 · Say Something Nice

Maurice Ramirez…was privileged to 2nd with him. he taught me what quality photography is. i now go into a wedding completely fearless with calm and grace.

Jan 18, 2013 at 06:04 AM
Beni
• • • • •
p.2 #13 · Say Something Nice

Evan Baines. Always inspired by his work and his lighting and a really nice guy.

Jan 18, 2013 at 06:08 AM
maxwell1295
• • • • •
p.2 #14 · Say Something Nice

I'm cheating and I don't care. There are so many people here who have either been influnces, teachers, collaborators, or just good friends. I'm leaving a LOT of people out here. For each person I mention, I could easily add 5 more. This is off the top of my head...

Steve Tinetti - Gotta start with the guy who puts up with all of us. Just think about all the different personalities that pass through here. He handles them all flawlessly. This place wouldn't be what it is without him...

Tony Hoffer - I probably wouldn't be shooting weddings if not for Tony. Meeting and getting spend some time with him just reinforces something he always says: Good photographers are even better people. I can't think of any one person here who has done more for the careers of others.

Diane (mineymole) - I swear we were separated at birth. Yeah, she's a short white chick and I'm a tallish black dude but none of that matters. Truly a great friend.

Jeff Mosier - Coolest dude ever. I can't recall meeting a more sincere and genuine person.

Tom Wang - I love this guy! If you haven't hung with The Wang, you have no idea what you're missing.

Inku - Open, honest, and one of the greatest sharest of information around.

Rich Lavigne - A guy who adds so much to this community and is always there when you need help. Definitely someone I'm glad to call a friend.

Brian Hatton - Unassuming, down to earth, and one of the funniest guys around. He's also one of the most helpful.

Alessandro - When it comes to people I haven't met in person that I really want to meet, Ale's at the top of my list. We've spoken on the phone countless times (and no less than 30 mins each time).

Sam Hassas - He'd be #2 on that list. He's shared and helped so much over the years. We've never spoken but I still consider him a friend.

Grits - I love grits...both of them. Such a quirky, funny, giving person. Think of another Red Sox fan you can say that about. There are none.

Joshua Gull - I'm not sure words can describe how nice Josh is. Just a genuinely great guy...

Doug Treiber - A great inspiration. Not only for his photography, but for his approach to life in general. Always pushing, always helping, always real...

Todd Reichman - Don't let his online persona fool you. This guy is real. Articulate, funny, and just a great oerson to be around. I owe so much to him from a business standpoint, but that pales in comparison to the friend he's become.

Chuck Anerino - Straight up, honest, and though provoking. No one has started more threads that make me sit and think about what I'm doing, how I approach it, and how to see things better than Chuck.

Brian (BK) - Every time he posts it brings a smile to my face. Another friend I have yet to meet but hope to someday.

Evan Baines - One of the smartest people I've ever met and also one of the most sincere. He ranks right there with Tony when it comes to helping people here. It may not show up in my images, but Evan has influenced my mental approach to wedding photography more than anyone else. WWBD is something I ask myself on a constant basis...

Sergio Mottola - So humble, so talented, and wise beyond his years. Meeting him in person was definitely a highlight. I would let my daughter marry him. That says a lot...

Jan 18, 2013 at 01:35 PM
EVO088
• • •
p.2 #15 · Say Something Nice

to pick just one person to say something nice about? can't do it

Alan abrams, Diane, Inku, Brian Hatton, Rich Lavigne, Jeff Moiser, Doug Treiber, Sam Hassas, Tony Hoffer, Evan Baines, Josh Gull, Todd Reichman

Coolest cats i know and incredibility group of talent!! I am just so blessed to have met and shot with some of them and FM made this all possible.

Jan 18, 2013 at 03:09 PM
Prettym1k3
• • •
p.2 #16 · Say Something Nice

Everyone here, for the most part, has a great sense of humor, doesn't take themselves too seriously, but also takes their job and career very seriously. I admire that. Plus, people are willing to, typically, offer actual critiques and not just shove off with some "Great images!" post. I know in my own work I really, really value critiques from other professionals, and that means a lot to me.

...maybe that means I should start posting more of my own work around here. Hmmmm...

Jan 18, 2013 at 04:57 PM
g-money
• • •
p.2 #17 · Say Something Nice

Right back at you Mark (Ziffle3). Can't say enough about this guy. When I was at my worst he traveled 4 hours and stepped up to the plate and hit a couple home runs and one double for me. I threw the double in cause he will get the big head if I had said all home runs!

And then there are waaaay to many other members who threw the years I have learned bits and pieces from. Just little nuggets along the way to help improve. If you post regularly on here I have probably benefited from you in someway. Thanks!

Greg

Jan 18, 2013 at 07:42 PM
Mitch W
• • • •
p.2 #18 · Say Something Nice

I'm going to double down on Mark (Ziffle3) as well. Dude went out of the way to take the train into Taipei from another town to buy my family dinner and then shoot a fun, impromptu portrait session of us in the city. And I'd never met the guy until that day! Although it felt like we'd been friends for years. I suspect that quality goes a long ways with winning clients. And I am NEVER on the other side of the lens... it was cool seeing and experiencing it from the clients' perspective. Mark is a talented photographer intent on improving and growing. But more impressive than that to me is his commitment to his family... that's what I really identify with.

And since everyone is breaking the rules with more than one shout out - I'm also going to give major kudos to Mark Martinez (martinezphoto). I have not met a more driven individual... driven to succeed in a career he loves. The dude is intelligent as hell and I have no doubt he could succeed in any number of endeavors... endeavors that are far easier to succeed in than wedding photography. It's very motivating for me to see Mark's commitment to wedding photography, and to see him chase down his dream.

Jan 18, 2013 at 09:43 PM
zalmyb
• • •
p.2 #19 · Say Something Nice

Awww Tony, you're too sweet.

Allesandro, funny as heck, oftentimes has insightful views on polarizing issues (I've even seen him change his mind!!) even though he's a crazy liberal (my wife's words when I mentioned I wanted to meet up with him in Florida: "Hmmm, Alessandro... Isn't he that crazy liberal").

I'm not going to list all the people that inspire me here, of which there are quite a few (though it's not the photography aspect that usually inspires me...).

Jan 18, 2013 at 10:57 PM
StephanieTo

p.2 #20 · Say Something Nice

dsouzl has been super helpful to a relative newbie like me. Also Joe from jofoto Thank you both!

Jan 20, 2013 at 03:28 AM
       3       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password