Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       end

Archive 2013 · Say Something Nice

canerino
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Say Something Nice

Simple thread. Say something nice about a forum member. A forum member cannot be mentioned twice so be sure to read through the responses before you post.

Mine: Doug Treiber (hardlyboring) is consistently a positive force on this forum (despite me giving him a hard time about being OVERLY positive). It doesnt seem to matter to Doug who posts or what they post, he tries to find the good in their work. I have seen it boost the confidence of many newer members (since Doug is a heck of a shooter himself). I also know that Doug made a major change in his work life in order to be able to travel more. Bold move that really seems to be working out for him as he is currently in Thailand.

Jan 17, 2013 at 08:36 AM
RichardLavigne
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Say Something Nice

Chuck Anerino (Canerino) is constantly bringing new ideas to the board. It is impressive to see someone think and post with such a reverence for educating oneself on the craft that is photography. To me, it is evident that you do your homework... you research technique and then you analyze it and decide for yourself if that technique is based in fact and truth. Does it improve the work you want to produce. Every time you post it is challenge to us all to become better, stronger, faster. Thanks bud.

Jan 17, 2013 at 08:53 AM
MBMK
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Say Something Nice

I love you all! End of story

Whether its BS forum fights or not, lots of talented photographers in this forum. I've learned a lot from a lot of people here so really, thanks to all. No particular person.

Jan 17, 2013 at 09:19 AM
jcolman
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Say Something Nice

I have a man crush on Tony Hoffer. His work is always inspiring and cutting edge. His posts are never vindictive or mean spirited, rather he always presents a positive view on everything and encourages all of us to do better. After meeting him in person I was impressed by not only his gentle manner but his total lack of self importance.

Jan 17, 2013 at 09:35 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Say Something Nice

Chris Beaumont. Back in April he sent me a really nice message relating to the terrible experience I was having at the time, where it would have been easy just to let it pass. It was really solid advise, and I definitely feel it helped me get through the rest of the year in a more positive light. He also offered to cover my a*se when I was ill in December... AT COST... which was just absurdly kind. He's also given me lots of smaller pieces of advise over the past few months - it's safe to say I'm in his debt. BUT I did send business his way in the form of some nice friends of mine getting married next year

TonyHart. He's given me a few wise words since I started posting on here, which has been very nice of him. He's also Jesus Christ reincarnated.

Alex Beckett. I was curious about weddings abroad a while ago, specifically outside the EU, and he called me direct to give me some sound, first hand advise. I was really grateful for that!

I feel this thread might turn into a bum match

Jan 17, 2013 at 09:44 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Say Something Nice

Brian Konstantinou (BK Photography) - We Scots need to stick together. I regard Brian's work as being consistently solid with some great photos sprinkled through on a regular basis. Brian has a good sense of humor and it comes through in many of his photos.

Sergio Mottola - I appreciate Serg's non traditional approach and the alternative weddings he's shared with us. He has a knack of attracting clients who seem like neat people. Serg has the ability to make non standard compositions work and has posted some striking images.

Jan 17, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Say Something Nice

LivLif- terrific guy to work for in person, very willing to share his knowledge and expertise.

CKhagen and PaparraziNick- both great at imparting advice for people who want to move up in their target markets.

Jan 17, 2013 at 10:15 AM
JR Magat
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Say Something Nice

I assume we should only name ONE person... so the one that has helped me out the most would be......

Sergio Mottola for, first of all (& biggest of all), giving me the opportunity to 2nd shoot for you when you were in town. It has opened the door for me in so many ways (blog traffic, connections) and I learned so much from it. And afterwards for still offering to give me advice or answering questions as I continue to bug you

honorable mention: chuck anerino, mike villa, doug treiber, spencer boerup

Jan 17, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Ian Ivey
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Say Something Nice

Kurtis is incredible on a stripper pole. Just incredible.

I hired two FMers as seconds this year -- Jayson Hubbard from Richmond, VA, and Chris (LivLif) from DC. Both of these guys produced great work and were helpful in every way you hope for from a second. Thanks, fellas.

Jan 17, 2013 at 10:34 AM
HubbardJA
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Say Something Nice

Ian Ivey wrote:
Kurtis is incredible on a stripper pole. Just incredible.

I hired two FMers as seconds this year -- Jayson Hubbard from Richmond, VA, and Chris (LivLif) from DC. Both of these guys produced great work and were helpful in every way you hope for from a second. Thanks, fellas.

Thank you, Ian. It was a pleasure working with you and your clients as well.

Jan 17, 2013 at 10:58 AM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Say Something Nice

I will jump on and say something nice about my good bud Keith Lee. He does not post here as obsessively as many of us, but in just a few short years, he has become one of (I personally think THE) best photographer in our entire metro area. He has an incredible drive to push himself constantly to grow every time he picks up the camera, and it shows. His work is definitely something that pushes me to grow as well...not because I feel the need to compete, but because his attitude inspires others to push as well because he is so open and giving. He and his wife have become valued friends of my wife's and mine, and besides his photography skills, they are just great peoples. We love 'em like a fat photographer loves a camera shaped cake.

Good thread, Chuck

Jan 17, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Brian Virts
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Say Something Nice

I had a chance to work with Rob Laungayan last year. Rob was very professional and took some amazing photos at a wedding we did in Baltimore. An easy going guy with a calm demeanor, he taught me a couple things too! I think he's a Genesis graduate? Either way, great guy, very pro.

Jason Prezant I second shot for a couple years ago now. Jason has a positive attitude with a fun, energetic style with his clients.

Jan 17, 2013 at 11:12 AM
charlandk
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Say Something Nice

I find Lisa Holloway's work to be spectacular! I am always looking forward to her next post. Her lighting, posing and focus always seem to be spot on. She seems to have a real talent for putting her subjects at ease as they appear so comfortable in front of her camera. It is truly inspiring to view her art. She takes the time to answer questions that us viewers may have. It is obvious that she loves what she does. It shows in all of her images. Aside from viewing and learning from the wedding photographers, she is definately my favorite photographer to follow.
Thanks for posting your work Lisa. It is amazing!

Jan 17, 2013 at 11:18 AM
widjayaman
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Say Something Nice

^^^ Love Keith & Rob!!! My G2 brothers.

One of the best (and unexpected part) about attending Genesis was the friendships I developed from it. Some of the best friendships I've had in my life, no kidding.

I met Jim Heine during Genesis and we were roomates. He was this quiet and unassuming dude, and over those 3 days we talked so much about wedding photography and he's been my biggest supporter ever since. Great dude to work with, super easy going and easy to shoot for, and he does great work and continues to grow photographically too!

Jan 17, 2013 at 11:19 AM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Say Something Nice

Wow...a humbling thread for sure.

I will name two people, each for different reasons...
First
Tony Hart: Tony is a fantastic photographer who is consistent, classy, and someone who really follows his heart when shooting. Even though we are separated by the ocean and have never met we are friends through FM and FB. Photography aside Tony and I do not always see eye to eye on topics but can always discuss/debate things in a very reasonable way. I respect him immensely for sticking to his beliefs while being open minded enough discuss certain things with me without being judgmental.

Jon Mold: I know Jon from Genesis and have mad respect for his amazing photography skills. Both here and with the Genesis people on FB he is the first to offer praise for work and to also offer really great advice to people. HIs constant and continued "cheering" I know has helped a lot of people.

Jan 17, 2013 at 12:46 PM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Say Something Nice

i think i've only met one person on this board personally and that was Ty Quinn (nikonftw). He 2nd shot for me and was great--nice guy, talented, and reliable.

There are a number of inspirational photographers on this board for me: Tony Hoffer, Chuck, Ari, and Sergio to name a few.

If anyone in the Bay Area wants to meet up sometime for a drink in SF just hit me up. I'm all for putting faces to screen-names.

Edited on Jan 17, 2013 at 01:32 PM · View previous versions

Jan 17, 2013 at 01:08 PM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Say Something Nice

Great to see people chiming in with their thoughts! I wasnt sure which direction this thread was going to take so I'm glad to see that it went the way I wanted I think I've been stuck lately looking at things that need fixin' vs fully appreciating all that is good....so I've been conscious about stepping back and seeing 'good'. This thread is a small extension of that thought.

Thanks Rich...incredibly kind of you to say.

Jan 17, 2013 at 01:24 PM
mineymole
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Say Something Nice

FM has added several friends in my life, among them: Alan Abrams, Tom Wang, Inku, Richard and Anne Lavigne, Brian Hatton. They have all added to my knowledge base as a photographer, helped me grow professionally and gain confidence in what I do. Thank you.

Edited on Jan 18, 2013 at 04:18 PM · View previous versions

Jan 17, 2013 at 01:56 PM
klee.007
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Say Something Nice

Thanks Joel... the feeling is mutual buddy... on that note...

In a world of photographers who can be so secretive and down right catty about their work, Joel and Shannon Conner has been great at showing us the ropes. They are an open book to us when it comes to business, photography and anything photography related. They've helped us branch into albums and raising pricing.

Joel - I hate and love ya for continuing to push the benchmark higher and higher for me. A*hole

Additionally -

Sam Hassas - has been phenomenal inspiration, friend, resource and pseudo mentor for me. Thanks buddy.
My Genesis peeps who shot with me this year - Farid, Mark Arnold, Maura and Jon Mold. You guys rock and push to me to be on my game. Much love.

Jan 17, 2013 at 03:26 PM
ckhagen
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Say Something Nice

David Pun... Because he's just plain nice and fun to have around.
Inku Yo... He's smart, helpful, has creative work, and a killer personality.
Steve Tinetti... He's warm, kind, and keeps things civil around here.

Jan 17, 2013 at 06:09 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.