Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Which one if any?

jimiwheels

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Which one if any?

My wife & I started a not for profit Montessori School that is doing an art auction in our community with some local artists & photographers. Should I submit one of my photos? I would love the opinion of the fm.com board. Thank you for reading and/or voting if you choose to do so.

1. Grand Canyon Panoramic

2. Grand Canyon S. Rim Trail

3. Grand Canyon with Lonely Tree

4. Grand Canyon Moonrise

5. Hawaii Lava Flow B&W

6. Sunset on the Big Island

7. Great Blue Heron over water

8. Cheetah stalking

9. Dragonfly

10. Hawkeye

Kindest regards,

Jim S.

Jan 17, 2013 at 03:39 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Which one if any?

Jim,

Welcome to the PC Forum.

That's quite a set you've presented us. It is a bit overwhelming in some regards to see so many images at once, but I understand your quest.

1,5,6,10 catch my attention the most, but I'm somewhat concerned at what looks to me like some blocking in the shadows.

I'd probably narrow it down from there to 5,6,10 ... 5,6 ... 5.

I'm a also a bit intrigued/overwhelmed by the concept of starting a school. Personally, I'd like to do so as well, but some things are left to dreams (for now), so I wish you well in that endeavor.

Jan 17, 2013 at 02:38 PM
jimiwheels

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Which one if any?

Thank you for the comments Rusty. Do you mean blocking as in posterization or blocking as in compression artifacts (jpg)? Which photos? I want to go check the hi-res versions to see if I can see it.

I realized when I was creating the poll I probably went overboard on submitting images. I really should have cut it to about 5 max.

As far as starting a school, my wife wanted a Montessori education for all of our kids starting at about 18 months old so she started a todler program. That small toddler program has now grown into a school with 12 teachers, ~100 students and now goes up to 3rd grade. It has been pretty amazing.

I would appreciate any more votes / comments. Thanks to all.

Jan 18, 2013 at 04:10 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password