Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Issue with Nikon 24mm f/2.8 D

clee2517

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Issue with Nikon 24mm f/2.8 D

Hey Everyone,

I just bought a Nikon 24mm f/2.8 D. When I put it on my camera, the camera says the lens is at f/2.8 when the aperture ring is set to f/22. When I change the aperture ring to anything besides f/22, I receive an error.

Anyone know what is causing this problem?

Thanks!

Jan 16, 2013 at 08:45 PM
Kell
• • •
p.1 #2 · Issue with Nikon 24mm f/2.8 D

hmmm...I know on my 50 1.8D I line up the orange mark and lock the A ring with the little switch and then it changes A with the dial on the camera...if not the A ring on the lens is the only way to change A

Jan 16, 2013 at 08:59 PM
BenV
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Issue with Nikon 24mm f/2.8 D

It's normal. I don't recall the reasoning, but it needs to be wide open before mounting or use. I believe the camera will control everything from there.

Jan 16, 2013 at 09:04 PM
clee2517

p.1 #4 · Issue with Nikon 24mm f/2.8 D

I figured it would be one of those small things, but unfortunately mounting it wide open didn't work :/

Jan 16, 2013 at 09:06 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

clee2517

p.1 #5 · Issue with Nikon 24mm f/2.8 D

I figured it out. I never had a lens with an aperture lens (always had G lenses) but you have to set it to the smallest aperture and the camera will do it itself. I thought you had to do it manually with the aperture ring.

Jan 16, 2013 at 09:13 PM
mfletch
• • •
p.1 #6 · Issue with Nikon 24mm f/2.8 D

Some of the upper level Nikon bodies have a menu selection to allow aperture selection on the lens instead of by the camera's control. But the default setting is to leave the lens at smallest aperture and control it on camera.

Jan 16, 2013 at 09:39 PM
mike-in-ak
• •
p.1 #7 · Issue with Nikon 24mm f/2.8 D

mfletch wrote:
Some of the upper level Nikon bodies have a menu selection to allow aperture selection on the lens instead of by the camera's control. But the default setting is to leave the lens at smallest aperture and control it on camera.

I have set both the D300 and D700 to use the aperture ring as opposed to the thumb wheel. Ratcheting the ring is second nature to me since the days of film. The only time it won't work is if I switch to Live View then I need to turn it back to the default. So I set up a custom shooting bank that I switch to for live view.

Jan 16, 2013 at 09:50 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password