Upload & Sell: Off
So, 7% difference is very close poll considering IS lens lovers votes took some people away. I am sure Sig is great lens as well as some other they do. But I have bad feelings in following and that is why I would probably never buy this lens.
- Bad af reputation for other Sig lenses. Personally returned 85mm prime for such issue.
- Not as great build and finish as L's.
- Much worse resale in compare to L's, sold two other 35L very quick.
- I believe no complementary lens adjustments as Canon does in Jamesburg. Small thing but I love it.
- Still overpriced even cheaper than L's.
- Canon will eventually distroy it with mk II, but minor to me since it will be huge price tag.
In addition to the point above about build quality, I don't think the resale of the L is much better at this moment. The 35L was a hit because it was one of the few options for a fast 35 prime. Only real altenative the much more expensive zeiss 35/1.4 which also doesn't have AF.
Now the can choose between the canon L or the (better build, better optically and much cheaper) Sigma I think the L doesn't have such an advantage over the sigma.
About the mk2 to destroy it optically, I doubt it. Canon neither does that with the 50mm.
On topic, having to choose between the three my pick would be the sigma, trough the canon 35/2 IS would be tempting for its smaller size.
But really I would pick the zeiss 35/1.4 ZE any day.