Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Adobe's Butt Fumble...

wordski
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Adobe's Butt Fumble...

...is the crop tool in CS6. I feel like they had good intentions but like Sanchez running right into his own player then fumbling for a touchdown the other way..they did not accomplish their goal.

Holy Crap did they screw this one up!!

No resolution window, now in a drop down menu.
An option for a "classic mode" which is not actually the classic mode.
Can't always hit enter to crop, sometimes you can other times...

I could go on but I'm sure most of you have already been frustrated with it/read all the complaints abou it.

I crop my sports shots in ACR but was just going through some jpegs and discovered the crop tool's downgraded features. YIKES.

Jan 16, 2013 at 02:13 AM
jmcaverly
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Adobe's Butt Fumble...

I just moved to CS6 a few weeks back and I am still trying to completely understand the crop tool. Maybe this thread will provide some insight or suggestions.

Jeff

Jan 16, 2013 at 03:17 AM
Carl Auer
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Adobe's Butt Fumble...

Moved from Sports to correct message board

Jan 16, 2013 at 04:50 AM
Peter Figen
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Adobe's Butt Fumble...

Couldn't agree more. I've been saying since CS6 was released that whoever was responsible for the redesign of the Crop tool is not a user of the program. Truly a step backward in usability. Abode is now just a huge tech company that only cares about the bottom line and signing up as many subscriptions they can.

Jan 16, 2013 at 07:09 AM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Adobe's Butt Fumble...

If you use LIghtroom, you are more likely to appreciate the new crop tool in Photoshop CS6, since it was revised to work like the crop tool in LR.

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Adobe's Butt Fumble...

Yeah, the crop tool doesn't bother me at all since it acts exactly like the one in Lightroom that I've been using for 3+ years. Once you get used to it, it's quite nice. If you're cropping to pixel dimensions, just use the rectangular selection tool and select Fixed Size. That works just the same as always.

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Ho1972
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Adobe's Butt Fumble...

DanBrown wrote:
If you use LIghtroom, you are more likely to appreciate the new crop tool in Photoshop CS6, since it was revised to work like the crop tool in LR.

So now we have two broken crop tools instead of just one.

Jan 16, 2013 at 01:51 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Adobe's Butt Fumble...

Ho1972 wrote:
So now we have two broken crop tools instead of just one.

I happen to prefer the new tool, especially when rotating images. YMMV, however.

As with most things in Photoshop, different strokes for different folks.

Jan 16, 2013 at 04:40 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

WAYCOOL
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Adobe's Butt Fumble...

Yeah when I make a selection and want to set a resolution it takes forever to hit the "r" button. First ya got to find it, then pick what finger to use, then you have to press the right button what a big old pain in the ass.

Jan 16, 2013 at 04:52 PM
dlabrecque
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Adobe's Butt Fumble...

I moved from LR into CS5 over a year ago. First time I tried to use the crop tool in Photoshop my first reaction was, "What the hell's this?"

Its newer cropping tool is way better.

Jan 16, 2013 at 10:42 PM
billsnature
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Adobe's Butt Fumble...

My vote goes to the old crop tool. If I wanted this one I would use Lightroom.

Jan 17, 2013 at 01:29 AM
Peter Figen
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Adobe's Butt Fumble...

Sarcasm will get you everywhere. The problem is also that there IS a size/resolution box right up there in the Options Bar, but it doesn't work the way it should. That you have to enter twice or at least once in the buried dialog is absurd. But that you can't use the Move Tool while you're in the Crop is ridiculous as well. Since I don't use Lightroom, well, I shouldn't say never, but I would only use it to output a problem child that didn't work in C1, I've never actually seen or used the Crop to in LR. That, in my mind, would be a huge negative, but I've only been using Photoshop since v2.5 in '94, so what do I know. I'm still learning - seriously.

Jan 17, 2013 at 02:01 AM
jforkner
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Adobe's Butt Fumble...

I prefer the new crop tool. So there.

Jack

Jan 17, 2013 at 01:32 PM
philhill

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Adobe's Butt Fumble...

I donít (and wonít) use LR, but I too prefer the new crop tool in CS6 to the previous one.

Jan 20, 2013 at 11:08 PM
secondclaw
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Adobe's Butt Fumble...

I don't have CS6, but I prefer LR's crop tool to the old photoshop style - it feels more precise to me. In fact if I load a photo in PS from LR, and see that it needs more cropping, I go back to LR instead of just cropping in Photoshop.

Jan 21, 2013 at 04:21 AM
Alan321
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Adobe's Butt Fumble...

jforkner wrote:
I prefer the new crop tool. So there.

Jan 21, 2013 at 04:56 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password