Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
One new topic per day

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Oak Creek in monochrome

alatoo60
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Oak Creek in monochrome

From my favorite location:

Thanks for looking, C&C appreciated.

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:57 AM
azbill
• •
p.1 #2 · Oak Creek in monochrome

Very nice. West Fork?

Jan 16, 2013 at 01:17 AM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Oak Creek in monochrome

A good image, Alatoo.
I'm sorta wishing for a wider view, though, because that lower "waterfall" is so tantalizing.
Charlie

Jan 16, 2013 at 03:52 AM
dsjtecserv
• • •
p.1 #4 · Oak Creek in monochrome

Sasha, I like what you have done to take what would otherwise be considered annoying clutter and made it the foreground plane of the image, for which the creek becomes just the backdrop. I'm not so sure it completely works in this case, perhaps because it is still relatively sparse, but I'd like the see the idea explored more. I also get the monochrome reference, although that isn't what struck me first. But I still like this attempt to explore a non-traditional approach to landscape composition.

Dave

Jan 16, 2013 at 04:07 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

alatoo60
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Oak Creek in monochrome

azbill wrote: Very nice. West Fork?
Thanks, Bill. No, it's not West Fork, but close, about 2 miles south

Jan 16, 2013 at 05:54 PM
alatoo60
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Oak Creek in monochrome

Charlie wrote: A good image, Alatoo. I'm sorta wishing for a wider view, though, because that lower "waterfall" is so tantalizing.

Thank you, Charlie. Taking this picture was quite a challenge, because of the wind. The tree kept moving, but I wanted longer exposure for blurred water.
Agree that wider view would be good but the geometry of the place does not really allow much maneuvering. May be wider lens...

Jan 16, 2013 at 05:58 PM
alatoo60
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Oak Creek in monochrome

Dave wrote: Sasha, I like what you have done to take what would otherwise be considered annoying clutter and made it the foreground plane of the image, for which the creek becomes just the backdrop. I'm not so sure it completely works in this case, perhaps because it is still relatively sparse, but I'd like the see the idea explored more. I also get the monochrome reference, although that isn't what struck me first. But I still like this attempt to explore a non-traditional approach to landscape composition.
Dave, thank you for the detailed comment. That's exactly a kind of critique I am looking for. I realize that the composition had a big risk of looking clattered but could not pass the sycamore fruits - think of them as my trademark

Jan 16, 2013 at 06:05 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · Oak Creek in monochrome

Hey Sasha,

What a sweet location, and I think you worked a difficult subject very well. My only wish was that there was more on the bottom. The bottom cascade really feels cut off there.

Jim

Jan 17, 2013 at 06:53 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password