Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · One Peachtree Center

Travis Rhoads
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · One Peachtree Center

The John Portman building at One Peachtree Center in downtown Atlanta is one of the first places I visited when I moved here 12 years ago, and I have always liked the building for its strong geometries and interesting colonnade at the ground level...this past weekend I spent a lot of time photographing the outside...these are just two from the day. C&C is more than welcome, and always appreciated. I have found that I am doing a lot more B&W lately, and plan to keep working at it this year.

#1 Roller Coaster

Canon EOS 5D Mark II    24mm    f/8.0    30s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

#2 Rising

Canon EOS 7D    34mm    f/8.0    30s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jan 15, 2013 at 05:56 PM
the888account
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · One Peachtree Center

#1 for me Travis.

Think the composition is very good and takes your eyes through the image. B/W particularly suits this image I think with the contrast between the roller coaster bit and the dark shadows of the door way.

Good work!

Jan 15, 2013 at 06:45 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · One Peachtree Center

the888account wrote:
#1 for me Travis.

Think the composition is very good and takes your eyes through the image. B/W particularly suits this image I think with the contrast between the roller coaster bit and the dark shadows of the door way.

Good work!

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your insight...and agree, B&W suits the first image due to the bright whites of the accents, windows and that roller coaster frame. The dark area is some sort of atrium on the ground floor, there is a pond between the building and the walkway.

Jan 15, 2013 at 06:56 PM
WilliamFinley
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · One Peachtree Center

Nice composition on that first one!

Bill

Jan 15, 2013 at 06:56 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · One Peachtree Center

WilliamFinley wrote:
Nice composition on that first one!

Bill

Thanks Bill. I probably spent more time trying to get setup for the shot than anything else.

Jan 15, 2013 at 07:00 PM
the888account
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · One Peachtree Center

Travis Rhoads wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your insight...and agree, B&W suits the first image due to the bright whites of the accents, windows and that roller coaster frame. The dark area is some sort of atrium on the ground floor, there is a pond between the building and the walkway.

Ah - I see now. I guessed marble / polished surface.

Jan 15, 2013 at 07:05 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · One Peachtree Center

yeah, it is water, and to keep it from getting stagnant it has a bubbler...thus the Long exposure, to blur out the ripples and surface texture so that I could get that super smooth reflection.

Jan 15, 2013 at 07:28 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · One Peachtree Center

First for me as well. I really enjoy architectural shots and you have a great subject well-composed and presented.
BTW, is this anywhere near Peachtree and Peachtree
Scott

Jan 15, 2013 at 08:32 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · One Peachtree Center

Thanks for taking the time Scott. As an architect, I am a fan of architecture to say the least...I like to try to shoot.buildings and scenes like #1 as if it were my portfolio piece...#2 was just learning LE techniques. one of these days when the weather is better I will go back and shoot more of the building...

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Dougo
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · One Peachtree Center

Hi Travis,
I like both of these very much #1 the good composition and interesting building and #2 for your different interpretation of an often seen shot

Cheers Ray

Jan 16, 2013 at 08:53 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · One Peachtree Center

Dougo wrote:
Hi Travis,
I like both of these very much #1 the good composition and interesting building and #2 for your different interpretation of an often seen shot

Cheers Ray

Thanks for commenting Ray. Glad you like #2...architectural LE is something new for me, been getting into it for a little while now...it is not as easy as I thought it would be. Love the challenge.

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Chainshot
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · One Peachtree Center

The company I worked for had a couple of showrooms in the Atl. Merchandise Mart. If you go up to the top floors (AMC offices) they have some nice b/w images on the walls. You can also go outside for a great view of Atl. You can easily see - CNN, WCC, GT, Stadium, etc...

Jan 18, 2013 at 01:00 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · One Peachtree Center

Thanks for the tip...need to check that out.

Jan 18, 2013 at 01:23 AM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password