Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Canon FD Glass on Fuji X-Pro1

Jeremy Reitman
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Canon FD Glass on Fuji X-Pro1

Has anyone used any Canon FD lenses on the Fuji X-Pro1? I am thinking of picking up a couple of used lenses and was curious about the FD 35-105 f3.5 lens.

Any other glass recommendations?

Jan 15, 2013 at 05:41 PM
George61d
• • •
p.1 #2 · Canon FD Glass on Fuji X-Pro1

I have not used any Canon FD lenses but I can recommend the Voigtlander 28mm 1.9 Ultron. It works really well and does not suffer from any real corner issues. Also the Fuji M mount adapter is the only one that enables the full 3rd party lens menu.

I wrote a report on it http://wideanglecafe.wordpress.com/2012/12/07/quick-look-voigtlander-28mm1-9-ultron-with-the-fuji-x-pro-1/

Jan 15, 2013 at 09:15 PM
apsphoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Canon FD Glass on Fuji X-Pro1

I have been using my 50mm f1.8 FD lens on the X-Pro1 works great. Used the Kipon adapter. I have also used my Tokina 70-200 f2.8, fun lens to use also. I also have a Tamron 28-80 adaptall that has a broken fd mount and I recently got an Adaptall to X-mount and have tried it but I wondering if there is something else wrong with the lens, not enough testing to say for sure.

Alan

Jan 15, 2013 at 09:36 PM
naturephoto1
• • •
p.1 #4 · Canon FD Glass on Fuji X-Pro1

I have a wide assortment Leica R lenses that I am/will be using with a Fujifilm X-E1. The lenses may be more expensive than you want. I am using a Novoflex Leica R to Fuji X adapter and just received the Novoflex ASTAT-MFT rotating collar which has an Arca QR plate and is useful for offsetting heavier lenses without lens collars and rotates. Additionally, I have a RRS L bracket and grip on order which I will receive once in production. RRS has this same option available now for the X-Pro1.

Rich

Jan 15, 2013 at 09:43 PM
Jeremy Reitman
• • •
p.1 #5 · Canon FD Glass on Fuji X-Pro1

I'm looking for some lenses to use as a stop-gap until fuji releases some of their other lenses. Figured I could start shooting pretty cheaply until that happens.

Jan 15, 2013 at 09:45 PM
naturephoto1
• • •
p.1 #6 · Canon FD Glass on Fuji X-Pro1

Jeremy Reitman wrote:
I'm looking for some lenses to use as a stop-gap until fuji releases some of their other lenses. Figured I could start shooting pretty cheaply until that happens.

The Novoflex adapters and Rotating collar would still work for the proper lens mount. Additionally, the RRS L Bracket and Grip will allow better mounting of the camera to an Arca Swiss QR clamp and also the handling of the camera.

Rich

Jan 15, 2013 at 09:50 PM
LightShow
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Canon FD Glass on Fuji X-Pro1

Check my profile for my list of FD lenses, among others.
The best of the bunch is the SSC 24/2.8 and 50/3.5 Macro, not listed is a 100/3.5 LTM(in the new gear thread) that I just picked up.
I would stick with SSC's vs nFD's if you hate mucking with the open/close ring on the adapter, I always seemed to forget to close it and I would end up shooting wide open for a while hen I wanted to be stopped down, all you have to do is push the aperture lever on the back of the lens till it locks into position, then the aperture always works.
The best FD lenses are the 50 & 85 aspherical and the nFD 50L & 85L but are not cheap, the 50/1.4 and 85/1.8 are not as good but still worth their price.

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Brody LeBlanc
• • •
p.1 #8 · Canon FD Glass on Fuji X-Pro1

I'm considering a FD 55/1.2 for my next alt purchase to use on the X-Pro1, but it'd be cool to see some results with FD lenses on the X-Pro1.
I have a Kipon pen F adapter on the way so I can use the 42mm f1.2 on my X-Pro1.
I'm also considering the 60/1.5, 25/2.8, and the 38/1.8 from the pen f mount.
Buuuut the Canon 55/1.2 really peaks my interest... I actually prefer the way it renders over the Rokkor 58/1.2 which seems to be a real cult classic at this point (for a good reason too!)
I'm pretty confident that the X-mount will soon become a strong contentor as a camera platform for alt. lenses, providing that the updates found on the X100s trickle down to the X-Pro1s (or X-Pro2 or whatever.)
I think Fuji realizes the potential considering they leaned on the M-mount adapter as a sales point for the X-Pro1.
Having both focus peaking and a digital split image paired with the X-Trans will be a fanatic combination for low-light shooting with f1.2 alt. glass.
Though I'm more than happy with the 3x focus check for most applications.
I'm sure most lenses Fuji releases for the X-mount will out preform most glass on a technical level, but it won't be able to match the character rich rendering offered by many alt. lenses.

Not to hi-jack this thread, I wonder what the thinnest adapters are for the X-Pro1. I know and M-mout and Pen f-mount have a very thin profile compared to the Nikon F adapter, but what about Canon FD, Pentax, Olympus OM, and Minolta (Rokkor) lenses? It seems like every company has something great to offer.

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

naturephoto1
• • •
p.1 #9 · Canon FD Glass on Fuji X-Pro1

At one time back before 1984 when I was shooting Canon F1 cameras, I had one of the Canon FD35mm f3.5 Breech Lock lens. If you can do with the slow speed, mine was a super performer and they are inexpensive.

Rich

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:10 AM
michael49
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · Canon FD Glass on Fuji X-Pro1

These were taken on a NEX 5N, not the Fuji, but I would expect similar results with the Fuji - in my experience much of the Canon FD glass is excellent. My favorite is the FD 50 1.4 SSC....

FD 50 1.4 SSC near wide open.....

FD 100 2.8...

"lowly" FD 35 2.8....

Jan 16, 2013 at 01:56 AM
roboticspro
• • •
p.1 #11 · Canon FD Glass on Fuji X-Pro1

Michael,

Very nice...

Edd

Jan 16, 2013 at 02:11 AM
LightShow
• • • •
p.1 #12 · Canon FD Glass on Fuji X-Pro1

Brody LeBlanc wrote:
Not to hi-jack this thread, I wonder what the thinnest adapters are for the X-Pro1. I know and M-mout and Pen f-mount have a very thin profile compared to the Nikon F adapter, but what about Canon FD, Pentax, Olympus OM, and Minolta (Rokkor) lenses? It seems like every company has something great to offer.

Anything with a thicker register should mount with no problem(there are a few lenses that are tough to adapt. Jupiter 12 for example) anything designed for a smaller frame may not cover the sensor(C mount, 8mm)
http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/~westin/misc/mounts-by-register.html

Jan 16, 2013 at 02:23 AM
douglasf13
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · Canon FD Glass on Fuji X-Pro1

Brody LeBlanc wrote:

Go to this link, and subtract 17.7 from the flange focal distance column in the chart. That will tell you the thickness of the adapter, if it is available.

Jan 16, 2013 at 02:40 AM
esanchez
• • •
p.1 #14 · Canon FD Glass on Fuji X-Pro1

I have a 50mm 1.4, but I'm waiting on my FD to X to use it.

Jan 16, 2013 at 02:45 AM
esanchez
• • •
p.1 #15 · Canon FD Glass on Fuji X-Pro1

Shot on Fuji X-E1 with Canon FD 50mm 1.4 @2.8 THis lens really shines from F2 and up.

Jan 26, 2013 at 08:44 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password