Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Where is the 6D review at FM reviews?

ben egbert
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Where is the 6D review at FM reviews?

Its been out a while so I expect some FM'rs would be glad to post a review if they had a place to do so.

Jan 15, 2013 at 05:19 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Where is the 6D review at FM reviews?

If you enjoy casual user reviews, there are about 40 at Amazon.

Jan 15, 2013 at 05:34 PM
ben egbert
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Where is the 6D review at FM reviews?

I have seen plenty of these, but I have been using and appreciating the rating system here for years and was just giving a nudge.

Jan 15, 2013 at 05:38 PM
robbymack
• •
p.1 #4 · Where is the 6D review at FM reviews?

Ben I don't own one but a friend recently picked one up and we went out shooting together. I've got a 5diii and while the 6d af system leave something to be desired IMHO everything else was pretty impressive. Iq on par with 5diii if not slightly better ISO performance. Wifi and GPS are not things I'd use but I appreciate what they can do so its a nice thing to have when you need it. Honestly if I had little use for the 5diii af the 6d would be a fantastic option. If I had a 5dii though I'd sit on the sidelines and see what the next 12-24 months bring about in canon sensor tech.

Jan 15, 2013 at 06:00 PM
ben egbert
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Where is the 6D review at FM reviews?

I have a 5ds-mk3 coming from CPS as a loan. Since I have a 1DS-mk3, my primary interest will be how much better the live view is and how well it does long exposure high ISO (night shots) compared to the 1DS-mk3.

I expect it to be better in both regards, the real question is if the noise at ISO1600 and 30 seconds are good enough to print. My 1DS-mk3 is not. If the 5D-mk3 is also too noisy to print it answers the question. That is wait for more improvement before doing this sort of photography.

This is one area where the 6D is supposed to be better. If the 5D-mk3 is good enough for 16x24 moonlit shots, I could see springing for it. Otherwise I will either wait for Canon to release a high MP camera and perhaps get a 6D as a second camera. I just sold my 50D.

Jan 15, 2013 at 06:13 PM
RobDickinson
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Where is the 6D review at FM reviews?

ben I can send you an example raw/jpg from a 6d if you want?

I have some recent night shots (check my flickr) which are right on the money for you (iso 1600, 30 seconds).

Jan 15, 2013 at 07:42 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ben egbert
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · Where is the 6D review at FM reviews?

Hey, great shots, "waste of space" or diamond head would be great samples of raw. What is the iso/shutter?

I suspect the 6D will do the job. The real question for me is if the 5D-mk3 will. It has certain features I would prefer coming from a 1DS-mk3. I will have a chance to see how it does and if sufficient I will probably get one. If not, the 6D is a probably choice.

Not sure my gmail will support a raw file. How would you send it?

Jan 15, 2013 at 07:49 PM
watson83

p.1 #8 · Where is the 6D review at FM reviews?

There is a good review at : http://learningcameras.com/reviews/4-dslrs/91-canon-6d-review

and a video comparison with the 5D3 on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-lRkFQBlsQ

I've been looking for 6D reviews at FM too. Nothing on the D600 either last time I checked

Jan 15, 2013 at 08:07 PM
RobDickinson
• • • •
p.1 #9 · Where is the 6D review at FM reviews?

Theres a couple of big threads on it here.

Jan 15, 2013 at 08:09 PM
ardvorak
• •
p.1 #10 · Where is the 6D review at FM reviews?

Rob, just have to say...love "Waste of Space!"

Jan 16, 2013 at 01:40 PM
alexdi
• •
p.1 #11 · Where is the 6D review at FM reviews?

I wrote the top review on Amazon. I wouldn't call it particularly casual, though I've added some explanations that'll be extraneous to folks here.

Jan 17, 2013 at 08:08 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password