Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

nugeny
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

I don't get it. why selling it in FM? Why not simply returning it?
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1178348/0?keyword=nikon,d800#11232630

Jan 15, 2013 at 04:40 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

nugeny wrote:
I don't get it. why selling it in FM? Why not simply returning it?
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1178348/0?keyword=nikon,d800#11232630

Some folks enjoy aiding others I guess?

Jan 15, 2013 at 04:43 AM
Smridevan
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

Could be stolen?

Jan 15, 2013 at 04:47 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

Smridevan wrote:
Could be stolen?

blasphemy! he does have feeds.

Jan 15, 2013 at 04:53 AM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

a new one from anywhere : $3299.00, you can get this new one, there are other like this, for$2799.00

Am i stupid not to jump for this or the seller is self destructing? or both?
In fact I am in the market right now for a D800e

Jan 15, 2013 at 04:56 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

Bob, I think you should stop talking about it and go buy it. Wolfgang seems to have a good reputation, I think you should ask him the questions you are asking, rather then asking a bunch of strangers what they think. Go to the source.

So go buy it.

Jim

Jan 15, 2013 at 05:44 AM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

JimFox wrote:
Bob, I think you should stop talking about it and go buy it. Wolfgang seems to have a good reputation, I think you should ask him the questions you are asking, rather then asking a bunch of strangers what they think. Go to the source.

So go buy it.

Jim

Good that you chime in, Jim. as you can see from above, I am not the only one to question. You said: Wolfgang has good reputation" The next question is: why does he keep buying and then proceed to give it away? the truth is for sure not to be found by asking him.

BTW, my next safari is all set but not for almost 3 more months. In the mean time I still have the D4 to play with. So why hurry, you would say, Jim?

Jan 15, 2013 at 05:59 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

nugeny wrote:
Good that you chime in, Jim. as you can see from above, I am not the only one to question. You said: Wolfgang has good reputation" The next question is: why does he keep buying and then proceed to give it away? the truth is for sure not to be found by asking him.

BTW, my next safari is all set but not for almost 3 more months. In the mean time I still have the D4 to play with. So why hurry, you would say, Jim?

Why bother with the whole query anyhow?

Jan 15, 2013 at 06:03 AM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

a.RodriguezPix wrote:
Why bother with the whole query anyhow?

Just human curiosity, for no other reason. I happen to be selling things so I came across these things.

Jan 15, 2013 at 06:12 AM
KibblesNbitz
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

Did you consider that maybe he brought it from a local store with either a short return period or a large restocking fee and is unable to return it or would take a larger hit by returning? He also may have bought from a no returns, only store credit kind of store so he would rather get cash than store credit he doesn't need or won't use. Not everyone shops at Amazon or B&H you know...

I agree you should just ask him. No need to be all behind the back about it, he has a great buy and sell reputation with more feedback than you do!

Jan 15, 2013 at 06:14 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

nugeny wrote:
Just human curiosity, for no other reason. I happen to be selling things so I came across these things.

these...nugeny wrote:
JimFox wrote:

So go buy it.

Jim

Jan 15, 2013 at 06:17 AM
VinnieJ
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

It's also a way of pulling cash from a credit account that is store specific.

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:53 AM
chuckbernard

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

One cannot dismiss the possibility that his email (and therefore fm) account has been compromised.

Jan 15, 2013 at 02:32 PM
Grantland
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

i trust everyone's motives are good but . . . if i was the one selling this body and everyone started to police my thread I would be disappointed.

isn't it up to the potential buyer to do his homework before buying from anyone?

Jan 15, 2013 at 02:47 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

chuckbernard wrote:
One cannot dismiss the possibility that his email (and therefore fm) account has been compromised.

I highly doubt it. With the amount of feedback he has, listing his personal email and phone number... not the MO of a scammer.

Jan 15, 2013 at 03:07 PM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

One week + on sale, no one falls for this tremendous deal. Many may be thinking: to good to be true?

Jan 15, 2013 at 03:41 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

I don't see this as a "tremendous deal."

$2,799 + 3% Paypal = $2,882.97

D800e camera bodies are now freely available for $3,299 with free shipping and a 30-day return policy.
This is not last April or May.

Refurbished units are $2,679.95 at Cameta with a year warranty
or, $2,649.00 at Adorama.

You are saving $416, or 13% and losing warranty (technically) over new price.
However, you are paying MORE than a refurbished unit by $203 and still technically buying a used camera, regardless of the seller representation.

When I buy any pre-owned equipment it has to be either totally unavailable, or at least 20-25% off.

That is why it is not selling.

Jan 15, 2013 at 03:52 PM
mikerfns
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

"Add 3% for Regular PP."

Maybe another reason it remains unsold, since knowledgeable buyers know that adding a surcharge is a clear and blatant violation of the PayPal user agreement. Yes, I know lots of sellers do this (or try to), but it royally pisses me off anytime I see a seller expecting me to cover his selling fees. Build it into the selling price, or offer a discount for a cash/cheque/MO sale, but don't stick me with your transaction fees.

4.7 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

Jan 15, 2013 at 06:32 PM
okafoja
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

ckcarr wrote:
I don't see this as a "tremendous deal."

$2,799 + 3% Paypal = $2,882.97

D800e camera bodies are now freely available for $3,299 with free shipping and a 30-day return policy.
This is not last April or May.

Refurbished units are $2,679.95 at Cameta with a year warranty
or, $2,649.00 at Adorama.

You are saving $416, or 13% and losing warranty (technically) over new price.
However, you are paying MORE than a refurbished unit by $203 and still technically buying a used camera, regardless of the seller representation.

When I buy any pre-owned equipment it has to be either totally unavailable, or at least 20-25% off.

That is why
...Show more

How do you know that it is not going to sell. His price is $500 difference from a new one and not $400. In my world $500 is a lot of money and you do not lose any warranty. IF the camera is unopen then it is not a used camera. I don't know where you getting all your info from.

Jan 15, 2013 at 07:20 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · unused nikon camera 4 sale

I did not say it won't sell. It probably won't is what I said. I'm just stating my belief as to why it hasn't sold yet.

The original poster had not checked facts and prices. He was implying that it was too low and a possible scam. I say, it's too high.

Also, unless the seller is an authorized Nikon reseller, and can issue a receipt the warranty is technically non-transferable.

Finally, I cite all my sources, look them up.

Jan 15, 2013 at 08:06 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password