Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
One new topic per day

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · new website-Using higher res images at last

JaneG
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · new website-Using higher res images at last

I decided to bite the bullet, re-style my website with a fresh new look and update all my images to higher resolution ( 1024px wide, although I kept to 768px height to avoid scrolling). I think its worth the effort, particularly for landscape images. www.thebeautifullight.co.uk

Thanks for looking and if you feel inclined use my new facebook icon and 'like it'..yes even thinking about social media

Jane

Edited on Jan 14, 2013 at 08:47 PM · View previous versions

Jan 14, 2013 at 08:08 PM
DonH
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · new website-Using higher res images at last

First impressions, Jane, is that it is a nice venue for your work. Only nits are there is a lot of click-throughs required to get to your actual work and I think that a light gray background would show off your work better.

Jan 14, 2013 at 08:18 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · new website-Using higher res images at last

Hey Jane,

That is a cool looking website. I like the overall feel of it. Myself, I like the white background.

To Don's point about a lot of click-throughs to get to your actual work. When on the home page I clicked on "gallery", all I got was a page that said "welcome to the Beautiful light gallery. Please click on the thumbnails to view. If you want to know more about my work please contact me or visit my BLOG " but no thumbnails showed. When I clicked on the photo on the home page (which is a cool photo) then it went to your Gallery page with thumbnails. So check out the Gallery link on your home page.

I can appreciate your work here, I am in the midst of totally redesigning my website too, so I know it's a pain in the butt. And for a background I chose black, so the complete opposite of your white background. But I think the white does give the website a very clean look.

Jim

Jan 14, 2013 at 08:28 PM
JaneG
• • •
p.1 #4 · new website-Using higher res images at last

Thanks

Thats weird, I wonder if there was a temporary glitch, can you try again on that gallery page again. It might need a refresh.

re the too many clicks.. I'll cogitate on that
Jane

Jan 14, 2013 at 08:42 PM
toddlambert
• • •
p.1 #5 · new website-Using higher res images at last

May want to think about going higher res, for retina displays. That's the process I am about to start - re-editing all of my work on the retina display and then outputting the files in a large version for users who can take advantage of it.

It's only a matter of time, before most everyone is on a higher res display, so I am trying to keep from editing multiple times by just going with a larger res version now.

Jan 14, 2013 at 08:53 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password