Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Fuji X-Trans sensor problem fix

Lan11
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Fuji X-Trans sensor problem fix

Looks like the fix is slow to come as I predicted in my earlier posts.
This time funboys can't allege that a wrong converter was used.

"Fuji X-Trans sensor artifacting is a “cure’ that is ten times worse than the disease (moiré). Like curing a patient of hemorrhoids by giving him Cron’s disease."

More here: www.diglloyd.com/index.html

Jan 14, 2013 at 06:59 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Fuji X-Trans sensor problem fix

I'm slightly confused. Is this just another person saying the X-Trans has issues ? The title seems to suggest there is a solution to it, but the link doesn't show this (upon skimming through).

Jan 14, 2013 at 07:37 PM
Lan11
• •
p.1 #3 · Fuji X-Trans sensor problem fix

I couln't include a sad face at the title's end but the contents makes it clear.

Jan 14, 2013 at 08:16 PM
alba63
• • •
p.1 #4 · Fuji X-Trans sensor problem fix

Lloyd Chambers has very strong opinions. Sometimes I can follow him, sometimes he just gets it wrong. I am also not sure if it was the best decision of Fuji to change the traditional Bayer mask, but advising against the Fuji X platform is just another personal opinion.

I have been subscribed to DAP, but let my subscription end a few weeks ago. In the end I found Chambers's whole approach too unrelaxed. No better word to express it... In any case his view is very technical, and less "photographic" than I wanted...

Bernie

Jan 14, 2013 at 08:23 PM
mortyb
• • •
p.1 #5 · Fuji X-Trans sensor problem fix

Personally I like making photographs.

Jan 14, 2013 at 08:45 PM
Tariq Gibran
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Fuji X-Trans sensor problem fix

Yeah, this sounds a bit black and white and over the top:

"I reiterate my objections to the Fuji X sensor and I advise against choosing a Fuji X platform for your photography.."

As I found almost a year ago, the X-trans sensor would not be my first choice for certain uses as it displays a serious artifact issue in rendering the fine detail of irregular/ organic shapes such as found in nature/ landscape subject matter. Thing is, for other types of subjects - people, editorial, even some landscape work where one does not care about getting the most detail - it's a fine sensor with other benefits, some of which may matter more to a particular user and their work (great color, great high ISO capability and so on). Rather dogmatic of Lloyd to make such a blanket statement.

Jan 14, 2013 at 08:50 PM
naturephoto1
• • •
p.1 #7 · Fuji X-Trans sensor problem fix

mortyb wrote:

+1

Rich

Jan 14, 2013 at 08:50 PM
Jochenb
• • •
p.1 #8 · Fuji X-Trans sensor problem fix

Lan, you again. When I saw Lloyd's new article I just knew you would jump on it again over here.

Jan 14, 2013 at 08:57 PM
mortyb
• • •
p.1 #9 · Fuji X-Trans sensor problem fix

alba63 wrote:
I have been subscribed to DAP, but let my subscription end a few weeks ago. In the end I found Chambers's whole approach too unrelaxed. No better word to express it... In any case his view is very technical, and less "photographic" than I wanted...

Bernie

This. I get a feeling he has become bored with photography, and thus has changed his style a bit. More bold. It's a good thing to be critical, but in a photographic context. I think he has lost this connection a bit.

Jan 14, 2013 at 09:07 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · Fuji X-Trans sensor problem fix

I also let my subscription lapse recently, for two reasons. First of all, I am approaching having the equipment I want, and there isn't anything he can do to help me with the rest, and secondly, he changed his style. There used to be a lot of information and valuable sample shots. Now there is a lot of editorialising instead, and the samples are getting more boring with time.

Jan 14, 2013 at 09:19 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Brody LeBlanc
• • •
p.1 #11 · Fuji X-Trans sensor problem fix

mortyb wrote:

Argeed.
I like your style lol.

Jan 14, 2013 at 10:42 PM
John Black
• • • •
p.1 #12 · Fuji X-Trans sensor problem fix

Maybe Lloyd emailed Ken for some pointers on how to grow the site?

FWIW - Capture One 7.02 now has beta support for the Fuji.

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Brody LeBlanc
• • •
p.1 #13 · Fuji X-Trans sensor problem fix

John Black wrote:
Maybe Lloyd emailed Ken for some pointers on how to grow the site?

Lloyd & Ken! Working together to stress out photographers all over the world!
Maybe it can be a TV show, think "Pinky & the Brain."

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Lan11
• •
p.1 #14 · Fuji X-Trans sensor problem fix

I’ll let you in a on big secret funboys. Lloyd is another Fuji hater : -)))
But, he is honest and most importantly correct most of the time which saved many people a lots of frustrations and money.

Jan 15, 2013 at 02:44 PM
Lan11
• •
p.1 #15 · Fuji X-Trans sensor problem fix

I know Jochenb, I know - sour grapes.
You wanted to start this thread, but it was too late, but don’t despair. Another opportunity will come soon. Trust me : -)))

Jan 15, 2013 at 03:10 PM
alba63
• • •
p.1 #16 · Fuji X-Trans sensor problem fix

Lan11 wrote:
I’ll let you in a on big secret funboys. Lloyd is another Fuji hater : -)))
But, he is honest and most importantly correct most of the time which saved many people a lots of frustrations and money.

You are right in assuming that he dislikes Fuji. Just as he basically dislikes Canon. In both cases his comparisions and judgements have the tendency to get unjust.

And sorry, whether he is "correct" or not is very questionable. Canon has a few weaknesses, and so has Nikon. Their flagship camera "d800" suffers from very severe AF issues with speed and exactness, people who replaced their d700 with a d800 are in for strong frustrations as well. Just apart from the fact that since years, Nikon DSLRs fail to produce pleasing, lifelike skin tones. This was the reason why I finally sold my d700.

Bottom of the line: Chambers has biased opinions, and it is his right to do so. I am just no longer interested.

Bernie

Jan 15, 2013 at 03:26 PM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.1 #17 · Fuji X-Trans sensor problem fix

Can't fuji work on their raw developer?

Jan 15, 2013 at 03:47 PM
alba63
• • •
p.1 #18 · Fuji X-Trans sensor problem fix

ken.vs.ryu wrote:
Can't fuji work on their raw developer?

Thing is, so far they apparently did not *want* to do so.

Jan 15, 2013 at 05:56 PM
vallejo
• •
p.1 #19 · Fuji X-Trans sensor problem fix

I'm not a native english speaker, but I belive the apropriate word would be "cocky"...I let my subscription go to...

alba63 wrote:

Bernie

Jan 15, 2013 at 07:44 PM
Lan11
• •
p.1 #20 · Fuji X-Trans sensor problem fix

Everybody is biased. Lloyd is biased about Canon, Nikon Zeiss, Leica……
I can appreciate that some expressions may be unpalatable to some people, but if you look for the info., then ignore the lingo and use the facts to the max. benefit or move to the reviews which are wrapped in a deathless prose. Fortunately, there are choices.

“Can't fuji work on their raw developer?”

They’ve been at it for too long now.

”Thing is, so far they apparently did not *want* to do so.”

That seems illogical. Sabotaging their own products?
I suspect they lack expertise and/or didn’t want to release proprietary info. to the 3rd party developers (which I can understand why). Unless they fix it nobody else will.

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:19 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password