Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Best P&S for under $200.00

Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · Best P&S for under $200.00

Colour me surprised, every recommendation a Canon camera.

Seeing the kids are already 19 months and will soon be running around, she'll want something that can AF moving subjects. I'd convince her to spend a little more for the long run and get something like m4/3 system. Still small and compact, but infinitely better AF than any P&S and much better IQ once you go over ISO 400. Something like an EPL-3 or GX-1 for example.

Jan 15, 2013 at 09:51 PM
kevindar
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · Best P&S for under $200.00

I have a panasonic lx5 and love it. can be had used for that amount. does great video, has a bright lens, is compact. does decent jpegs, etc.

Jan 16, 2013 at 03:00 AM
GC5
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · Best P&S for under $200.00

We have two panasonic compacts. My wife's is not so hot. I have a TS4, which is great for skiing, beach, and pool use.

Jan 16, 2013 at 03:51 AM
sfcyclist

p.2 #4 · Best P&S for under $200.00

didierv wrote:
I Phone...

2nd that.. best phone often times is one you have and if used in right way, just like a P&S, imaged are pretty decent.

Jan 17, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ransome
• •
p.2 #5 · Best P&S for under $200.00

didierv wrote:
I Phone...

+1 If $200 is an issue, multipurpose is the best way to go.

Jan 17, 2013 at 02:04 AM
Pamir

p.2 #6 · Best P&S for under $200.00

S100. Can't go wrong with this. Particularly, I like the Movie Digest feature where you take picture and a 3-5 second video as well. Video clips are automatically stitched for the day. It s awesome to see people making faces or getting ready before the picture is taken but the moment is already recorded in video. If she can also use the fill-in flash, then it is hard to take a bad picture with it.

Jan 17, 2013 at 03:26 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · Best P&S for under $200.00

Pixel Perfect wrote:
Colour me surprised, every recommendation a Canon camera.

Seeing the kids are already 19 months and will soon be running around, she'll want something that can AF moving subjects. I'd convince her to spend a little more for the long run and get something like m4/3 system. Still small and compact, but infinitely better AF than any P&S and much better IQ once you go over ISO 400. Something like an EPL-3 or GX-1 for example.

True, but she wants to spend $200 USD or less. So it will take more than "a little more" for even an entry level M4/3 and kit zoom. In fact, she'd need to spend more than double her budget for the entry level Panasonic DMC-GF3KK and kit zoom.

Jan 17, 2013 at 04:26 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password