Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Think Tank Belt systems

junk_bond
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Think Tank Belt systems

I have some TT belt system stuff for sale in the "Buy and Sell" forum if you decide to try it out. All of it is in like new condition. My only gripe is that I would end up carrying more equipment then I needed, which in turn makes it kind of like wearing an inner tube.

Jan 17, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Scott Mosher
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Think Tank Belt systems

I used to use a belt system (and now its in storage) as I switched to a shoulder/lens changer bag. I'm finding sometimes less is more as I was carrying tons of crap that I never seemed to use.

Jan 18, 2013 at 12:22 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Think Tank Belt systems

Mitch W wrote:
Lenschanger 3 bag here ... by far the best solution to carrying and changing lenses

I've never tried a Lenschanger but one problem I see with it for a person who is an all-prime shooter is that the pockets are pretty deep for prime lenses ... lot of wasted space. The pockets seem sized more for the 70-200.

And then there is the matter of a limited number of pockets in the Lenschanger. With the belt system, a person can carry four or five short primes on their person in the pouches.

Jan 18, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Mitch W
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Think Tank Belt systems

D. Diggler wrote:
I've never tried a Lenschanger but one problem I see with it for a person who is an all-prime shooter is that the pockets are pretty deep for prime lenses ... lot of wasted space. The pockets seem sized more for the 70-200.

And then there is the matter of a limited number of pockets in the Lenschanger. With the belt system, a person can carry four or five short primes on their person in the pouches.

Whatever dude, not trying to convert you.

Jan 18, 2013 at 01:28 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Think Tank Belt systems

Mitch W wrote:
Whatever dude, not trying to convert you.

I know. I'm just giving my thoughts here as to why it might not be the right thing for a prime-only shooter.

I don't LIKE walking around with a belt system looking like I'm going off to war. Now, if someone would make a Lenschanger with three to five shallow pockets, that could be just the thing for the many of us who don't use zooms.

Jan 18, 2013 at 03:50 AM
Mitch W
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Think Tank Belt systems

D. Diggler wrote:
I know. I'm just giving my thoughts here as to why it might not be the right thing for a prime-only shooter.

I don't LIKE walking around with a belt system looking like I'm going off to war. Now, if someone would make a Lenschanger with three to five shallow pockets, that could be just the thing for the many of us who don't use zooms.

For what it's worth, I often shoot with an 85 1.8, 50 1.2 and 35 1.4. One on the camera and two in the bag. I personally love it. No problem reaching in and retrieving even the smaller lenses because the pocket sizes are pretty large. But if you normally shoot with 4 or more lenses this bag won't work. I've heard of people stacking two small lenses in the same pocket, but for me that defeats the purpose of fast lens changing. Anyways, it's not the perfect solution since by the end of a long day I can feel it in my shoulders (something that wouldn't be an issue with a belt and pouches), but I'll stick with it for now. I wore the Cotton Carrier for a few weddings years ago and am done with the military look, haha.

Jan 18, 2013 at 12:52 PM
whtrbt7
• •
[X]
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Think Tank Belt systems

I shoot with primes and used to go with a sling bag. The reason why I opted for the harness was to save my back and body. On the flip side, I also recently purchased 2 ThinkTank Urban Disguise 60 v2s that can now house 4 pro DSLRs with lenses. They do make a more shallow belt I think called the Speed Demon/Freak/Racer line as well as the Hubba Hubba hiney which make for great lens switchers. It all depends on how you want to shoot. If I can't shoot with my harness/steroid belt with Skin pouches, I just take the UD60v2 and then set it down when I shoot. The Think Tank skin body bag is also a pop down bag so it can fit telephoto primes too so it's yet another way to customize how you shoot.

Jan 19, 2013 at 05:03 PM
tdurnan
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Think Tank Belt systems

All great stuff here. Didn't think this thread would keep going like this. I've purchased the think tank system with the steroid belt to give it a go. I'm really looking to go light with the extras and thinking about getting the spider holster system for it. Biggest reason is to save travelling to the bag and I was shooting the black rapid double holster which is great but chews ties like my terrier chews toys. I'm thinking it should be a great split from what I have read here.

Jan 19, 2013 at 08:25 PM
Sahid Limon
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Think Tank Belt systems

I've been shooting with the TT belt system for about 3 years now, and I absolutely love it. If you're a prime shooter, it's a no brainer really. Not only is it super easy to switch out lenses, but the belt nicely distributes the weight of the lenses throughout your back (I have the belt + the shoulder straps). I use only one camera, and usually swap out between 35, 50, 85, and 135/70-200. If you guys shoot a lot of weddings, you know how strenuous it can be on your body, so just for the back and waist support alone, it's worth it. Only drawback is that it looks a bit intimidating and kind of sticks out a bit, so if you're covering a black tie sort of event, it's not gonna look all that great.

Jan 21, 2013 at 02:29 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Think Tank Belt systems

Man a lenschanger for small lenses would rock.

Jan 21, 2013 at 02:43 PM
dlateulade

p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Think Tank Belt systems

Holdfast Moneymaker FTW.

Jan 21, 2013 at 06:17 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Think Tank Belt systems

TTLKurtis wrote:
Man a lenschanger for small lenses would rock.

I wish ThinkTank Photo would make this product.

Jan 21, 2013 at 07:04 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Think Tank Belt systems

D. Diggler wrote:
I wish ThinkTank Photo would make this product.

I'm going to send them an email. How sick would that be. And with all the micro cameras out there now and fujis, there's a market for prime-sized lens pouches in a shoulder bag.

Jan 21, 2013 at 07:39 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Think Tank Belt systems

TTLKurtis wrote:
I'm going to send them an email. How sick would that be.

That would be great!

Now with primes, I'd like to see a bag with 3 or 4 compartments for lenses ... maybe even an option for 5 lenses for the small primes.

Jan 21, 2013 at 07:54 PM
sozypozy
• • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Think Tank Belt systems

Spider pro Belts with thinktank pouches are great. They make traveling a lot easier

Jan 22, 2013 at 03:22 PM
BostonGreg
• • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Think Tank Belt systems

I have always used a Spider holster to keep the weight off my shoulder. This season, I just purchased the new TT Steroid Speed V2 Belt with the Spider adapter. Now I can hold my Quantum Battery, extra glass and camera body. The new belt is super comfortable too

http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/steroid-speed-belt-v2-m-l.aspx

Jan 30, 2013 at 10:35 AM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.