Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2013 · Heather in a broom closet.

Eric_M_Klein

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Heather in a broom closet.

Nikon D4 iso 400 24-70 2.8 at 70 2.8 Facing florecent lights.

Jan 14, 2013 at 03:24 PM
picpassion
• •
p.1 #2 · Heather in a broom closet.

Nice and relaxed expressions..Nice lighting..but it's blurred..

Jan 14, 2013 at 03:28 PM
ct8282
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Heather in a broom closet.

Eek. This is making my eyes hurt due to the blurryness!

This would have been a nice portrait but unfornately you need to start over on this one.

Not that you can assume anything from someones kit but you seem to be using some serious equipment so why post up such a blurry image?

Edited on Jan 14, 2013 at 03:34 PM · View previous versions

Jan 14, 2013 at 03:31 PM
Eric_M_Klein

p.1 #4 · Heather in a broom closet.

I klow. Handholding a D4 under florecents and 3 Killians at night at 1/15 and 2.8 will make a slightly soft image.

Jan 14, 2013 at 03:33 PM
ct8282
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Heather in a broom closet.

I'm even more confused now. Sorry, not trying to be funny but I don't get it.

Jan 14, 2013 at 03:35 PM
DaveOls
• • •
p.1 #6 · Heather in a broom closet.

She looks good even in a broom closet. The slight blurriness doesn't bother me. The colors may be a bit warm.

Jan 14, 2013 at 03:37 PM
ct8282
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Heather in a broom closet.

Maybe it's my monitor then but the eyes look awful. I'll have a look on my iPad and apologise if maybe my crappy laptop monitor is magnifying the problem...

Edit: Sorry but even viewed on my iPad and iMac I can't get on with this one. Seems just about viewable on my iPhone screen but anything bigger and the blur I'm struggling with.

Jan 14, 2013 at 03:42 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · Heather in a broom closet.

But why would you shoot at ISO 400 when you're at 1/15 sec shutter? If you've got this light at 400 and 1/15, you could easily push to 2000 and shoot at 1/100 without any camera shake. It's a lovely shot but the camera shake kills it for me. I'm just a little baffled why you chose to stick with ISO 400, as a fellow D4 shooter, I'm not sure what the advantage was.

Jan 14, 2013 at 04:22 PM
ct8282
• • • •
p.1 #9 · Heather in a broom closet.

friscoron wrote:
But why would you shoot at ISO 400 when you're at 1/15 sec shutter? If you've got this light at 400 and 1/15, you could easily push to 2000 and shoot at 1/100 without any camera shake. It's a lovely shot but the camera shake kills it for me. I'm just a little baffled why you chose to stick with ISO 400, as a fellow D4 shooter, I'm not sure what the advantage was.

+1

Jan 14, 2013 at 04:23 PM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · Heather in a broom closet.

Photography is a learning process. I remember taking pics at 1/15th (I didn't post them, because they were soft).
Now I increase the ISO.

Don't sweat the mistake - just go out and show us a better one.

Jan 14, 2013 at 04:52 PM

sgtbueno
• •
p.1 #11 · Heather in a broom closet.

Jim Rickards wrote:
Photography is a learning process. I remember taking pics at 1/15th (I didn't post them, because they were soft).
Now I increase the ISO.

Don't sweat the mistake - just go out and show us a better one.

+1

just go at it again, remember to use that iso, bump it to 3200 if you have to, but don't try to hand hold a camera at 1/15th, it just not going to work.

Jan 14, 2013 at 05:37 PM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · Heather in a broom closet.

Quick Comments:

She is pretty. That always helps a photo.

The eyes are blurred and difficult to look at (as my eyes try to focus on them).

Reminded me of a "3-D" film, seen without 3 D glasses. You know the subject is supposed to look good, but it is hard to look at comfortably and something seems "off."

I agree with the earlier suggestions that increasing either LIGHT or ISO would have made for a better photo.

Jan 14, 2013 at 05:43 PM
alohadave
• • •
p.1 #13 · Heather in a broom closet.

Eric_M_Klein wrote:
a slightly soft image.

That's not soft...

Jan 14, 2013 at 06:07 PM
derry1
• • •
p.1 #14 · Heather in a broom closet.

camera shake and something happen to the iris in her eyes as they look off center,,??

Derry

Jan 14, 2013 at 06:58 PM
sic0048
• •
p.1 #15 · Heather in a broom closet.

friscoron wrote:

Because it is a D4. Everyone know that means it only goes up to ISO 400.

Obviously I jest. You bring up a good point and just about any modern body should be able to handle 2000 ISO, but certainly the D4 image quality is still going to be great at that ISO and even quite a bit higher.

Jan 14, 2013 at 07:04 PM
Michael H
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · Heather in a broom closet.

Don't mean to pile on with the same things here, but dump this one and do better next time. No harm, no foul. This is too far beyond "slightly soft" to be usable for anything with the exception of maybe a very small avatar or passport photo.

That's the beauty of digital...it didn't work. Oh well. Look how you did it, make adjustments and go try again. Maybe only 2 Killians next time

Jan 14, 2013 at 07:09 PM
novicesnapper

p.1 #17 · Heather in a broom closet.

Should be a tripod shot. I have done the same thing way to many times, hit the shutter and 30 minutes later, it closes lol, at least it feels like 30 minutes.

Jan 14, 2013 at 08:35 PM
ct8282
• • • •
p.1 #18 · Heather in a broom closet.

novicesnapper wrote:
Should be a tripod shot. I have done the same thing way to many times, hit the shutter and 30 minutes later, it closes lol, at least it feels like 30 minutes.

Nope. 1/15th, even on a tripod won't stop blurry portraits, unless your subject is actually a mannequin! It will certainly work for landscape or product shots but in this case the OP should have cranked the iso to achieve a suitable shutter speed.

Jan 14, 2013 at 08:52 PM
sgtbueno
• •
p.1 #19 · Heather in a broom closet.

Oh I see, Nikon D4, I was thinking Canon 1D4, thats why I suggested to bump the iso to 3200. But still, 400 is plenty for a portrait with no shake.

Jan 14, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Mataz426
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #20 · Heather in a broom closet.

Ok 1, this photo should have never been shown.
2, you own a D4 and you posted this photo.

Jan 15, 2013 at 12:23 AM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password