Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Two Jack Lake

Scott Stoness
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Two Jack Lake

1-2 of 4

Summer vs Winter

1 of 4 - This Saturday at -20

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens    35mm    f/8.0    1/60s    160 ISO    +0.7 EV  

2 of 4 - A Saturday in August

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    TS-E17mm f/4L lens    17mm    f/8.0    1/6s    100 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Jan 14, 2013 at 05:59 AM
Scott Stoness
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · Two Jack Lake

3-4 of 4

2 other views of - something weather.

Bring back the summer -

3 of 4

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    TS-E24mm f/3.5L II lens    24mm    f/8.0    1/100s    160 ISO    +0.3 EV  

4 of 4

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    TS-E24mm f/3.5L II lens    24mm    f/8.0    1/1000s    160 ISO    +1.0 EV  

Jan 14, 2013 at 06:01 AM
Scott Stoness
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Two Jack Lake

And another view from August - I can hardly wait Its so much easier standing in the dark in the warm.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    25mm lens    25mm    f/2.0    5s    1600 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jan 14, 2013 at 06:05 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Two Jack Lake

Hey Scott,

Your #5 shot is the best shot, but please remember to limit your threads to 4 photo's.

And actually, #5 is good enough, you could have posted it alone in it's own thread. Very nice detail all around in that one.

Jim

Jan 14, 2013 at 07:44 AM
Justin Huffman
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Two Jack Lake

wow #5 for sure... great capture

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:57 PM
dgdg
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Two Jack Lake

I'm surprised you have that much star detail at only 5 seconds, iso 1600. Wow.

Jan 14, 2013 at 01:13 PM
Scott Stoness
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · Two Jack Lake

JimFox: Sorry Jim. I put 5 in as an afterthought. I never posted it before but was just testing my zeiss 25 f2 after failing with aurora the same day. I will stick to 4. Thanks for the reminder and thanks for the the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Justin Huffman: Thanks Justin. This is a fantastic spot winter or summer, night or day. Glad you like 5. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

dgdg: 5 is a blend of 2.5, 5 and 10s at iso1600 with my zeiss 25 f2 wide open. Glad you liked it. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Jan 14, 2013 at 01:57 PM
stanparker
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Two Jack Lake

#s 2 & 5 for me, although the others are also good.

Jan 14, 2013 at 02:57 PM
nwadventurer7
• •
p.1 #9 · Two Jack Lake

stunning colors on no 5 scott...hope your surviving winter. heading to brunei early february for rainforest work. return to seattlemid feb...like your work and have watchedthe improvement in composition over the year ...bill

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Scott Stoness
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · Two Jack Lake

stanparker: Glad you like 2,5. You must be a summer person. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

nwadventurer7: Thank you very much for the complements and encouragement. Brunei sounds like fun. But I always do better at home for pictures. Much appreciated. Scott

Jan 15, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Tuan Le
• • •
p.1 #11 · Two Jack Lake

#2 and #5 for me as well Scott. Wonderful reflections and comp in #2, though I might crop off some of the sky. #5 is great with those clouds and all those stars. It's really enjoyable doing night photography during the summers in the local deserts here... I can be in shorts and eating ice cream.

Jan 15, 2013 at 12:42 AM
DSC01
• • •
p.1 #12 · Two Jack Lake

Scott,
beautiful images but 5 is stunning, fantastic work ! regards, Dean

Jan 15, 2013 at 01:26 AM
Scott Stoness
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · Two Jack Lake

Tuan Le: There are very few nights where shorts work in Alberta - either its cold or the mosquitoes are chewing on your leg. I guess I have to visit California. Glad you like 2,5. I will look at cropping 2. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

DSC01: I actually looked and looked at 5 and thought it was not worth posting. I only posted to contrast to the winter. I am glad you like it. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Jan 15, 2013 at 04:48 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · Two Jack Lake

Scott Stoness wrote:
Tuan Le: There are very few nights where shorts work in Alberta - either its cold or the mosquitoes are chewing on your leg. I guess I have to visit California. Glad you like 2,5. I will look at cropping 2. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

DSC01: I actually looked and looked at 5 and thought it was not worth posting. I only posted to contrast to the winter. I am glad you like it. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Hey Scott,

So #5 is turning out to be the favorite out of these and yet you didn't think it was worth posting? What about #5 did you not like? Sometimes we can learn about our photography by seeing how others choose photographs that we ourselves didn't like.

Jim

Jan 15, 2013 at 01:44 PM
Scott Stoness
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · Two Jack Lake

JimFox: Yes it is a good learning. The stars were a bit blurred by low aperture chroma, the quality was not as strong because of iso1600, and the sky was a diffferent lightness on one side vs the other that made processing very difficult. I think I am was a bit too technical focussed on perfect focus and noisless and perfect stars and missed that the composition is very strong. But I agree, that the first choices were a learning. Thanks for the the observation. Much appreciated. Scott

Jan 15, 2013 at 01:53 PM
sozypozy
• • •
p.1 #16 · Two Jack Lake

I love pictures 2 and 5. They are so clear and so sharp

Edited on Jan 16, 2013 at 08:22 PM · View previous versions

Jan 15, 2013 at 09:59 PM
Scott Stoness
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · Two Jack Lake

Sozypozy: I am glad you like my clear summer pictures. Only 8 months to go to get back to them. Much appreciated. Scott

Jan 16, 2013 at 03:37 AM
Jim Bau
• • •
p.1 #18 · Two Jack Lake

All are nice, but like the rest I think #5 is the winner of the group. Beautifully done.

Jan 16, 2013 at 08:48 AM
Scott Stoness
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · Two Jack Lake

Jim Bau: Glad you like 5. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Jan 16, 2013 at 02:04 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password