end

Archive 2013 · Canon 40D or 5D?

taylorman22
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Canon 40D or 5D?

cputeq wrote:
Wow

Damn Taylorman, in your other thread I jokingly suggested to fix your 24-105 "problem" you'd have to resort to getting a FF body.

Little did I know you had this thread up asking the same thing!

5D all the way! I've owned both, both great cameras, but 5D's a beautiful old beast. Badass IQ and more bokeh* with that 24-105, and a much better walk-around effective range since you were lacking on the wide end!

*Okay while technically it's less DOF at the same aperture as a crop and bokeh is only the quality of said blur, most people know what
...Show more

...I just replied to you in my other thread saying I was asking about the 5d

Jan 14, 2013 at 01:09 PM
umihoshijima
• •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Canon 40D or 5D?

Although I voted 5D, I urge you to try a 5D before you buy one. This is becaue the 5D has a significantly longer viewfinder blackout time. The 40D is significantly snappier, while the 5D feels a bit "cuh-chunk" each time you hit the shutter.

Jan 14, 2013 at 05:52 PM
M Lucca
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Canon 40D or 5D?

umihoshijima wrote:
Although I voted 5D, I urge you to try a 5D before you buy one. This is becaue the 5D has a significantly longer viewfinder blackout time. The 40D is significantly snappier, while the 5D feels a bit "cuh-chunk" each time you hit the shutter.

Well duh. Just look at the 5d's massive shutter/mirror compared to the teeny 1.6x one. When you press the 5d's shutter button, you know something special is happening.

Jan 14, 2013 at 07:25 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Canon 40D or 5D?

M Lucca wrote:
Well duh. Just look at the 5d's massive shutter/mirror compared to the teeny 1.6x one. When you press the 5d's shutter button, you know something special is happening.

Well Canon could have easily reduced blackout time if they wanted to, but the 5D was originally designed as a gentleman amateur camera based on the 20D, and was not intended as a sports cam. The late 1990s EOS 3 and 1V were FF and had significantly faster mirror return and FPS. I recall my EOS 3/PB-E2 had a wee bit of recoil after I tripped the shutter...

Jan 14, 2013 at 08:56 PM
marko1953
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Canon 40D or 5D?

anthonygh wrote:
There must be a fault with your 40D.....

You obviously have not shot large numbers of photos with both cameras and viewed images side by side in lightroom.

Jan 15, 2013 at 02:07 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.