Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Does VRIII tech mean we'll see updates of current lenses?

Loren E
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Does VRIII tech mean we'll see updates of current lenses?

I'd really like to see a an updated Nikon 300mm F4 VR or a 400mm F5.6 VR. Many have been moaning for a long time about Nikon needing to update the 300mm F4 with VR (and the 80-400 with AF-S and newer VR). Is it likely Nikon was holding out for the latest and greatest VR technology before coming out with such lenses, or is the 300 probably never going to get the update I am waiting for since it could compete with sales of more expensive teles? Canon's 400mm F5.6 without IS seems to be really popular and sells for $1,200. If Nikon made a 400mm F5.6G AF-S VR with this new VRIII for $1,600 I'd think it would sell very well. -L

Jan 13, 2013 at 07:11 PM
davidnholtjr
• • •
p.1 #2 · Does VRIII tech mean we'll see updates of current lenses?

I'm sure all newer lenses with VR will have version 3. I can only hope Nikon get there finger out of there butt soon and put out lenses that people want and will sell very well.
(300/4 VR, 80-400 AF-S VR).

Would love a 400/5.6 VR. Had the Canon and it was the best lens I've ever used. Compact, light, super sharp and super fast to AF. Man I miss that lens and really thinking about getting one again.

A 500/5.6 VR would be great also.

Jan 13, 2013 at 09:23 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Does VRIII tech mean we'll see updates of current lenses?

I'd love to see a 400 come out thats affordable. The 300 + TC works, but I'd rather have a prime with no TC.

Jan 14, 2013 at 01:07 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Does VRIII tech mean we'll see updates of current lenses?

davidnholtjr wrote:
I'm sure all newer lenses with VR will have version 3. I can only hope Nikon get there finger out of there butt soon and put out lenses that people want and will sell very well.
(300/4 VR, 80-400 AF-S VR).

Would love a 400/5.6 VR. Had the Canon and it was the best lens I've ever used. Compact, light, super sharp and super fast to AF. Man I miss that lens and really thinking about getting one again.

A 500/5.6 VR would be great also.

The Canon 400/5.6 is a 20+ year old lens and has no stabilization. I don't see much market for such a lens from Nikon (or Canon either). Nikon and Canon need to update the 80-400/100-400 respectively.

EBH

Jan 14, 2013 at 01:12 AM
Danner
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Does VRIII tech mean we'll see updates of current lenses?

The very day they announce a 300/4.0 VR, is the day I'll pre-order one.

Even if it costs $2000.

Jan 14, 2013 at 01:16 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password