Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Sara & Eric - Save the Date

Mike Tuomey
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sara & Eric - Save the Date

comments and criticism appreciated - one pic only (others are close variations on the urban detroit wedding theme)

20120812-011-Web by Mike Tuomey, on Flickr

thanks for looking

Jan 13, 2013 at 06:19 PM
Mitch W
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sara & Eric - Save the Date

The burned structure had potential, but this looks more like a vacation photo (here we are in front of the famous Detroit Burned Out Structure...). Wish there was more of an emotional connection between them, more romance, looking at each other, etc.

Jan 13, 2013 at 09:51 PM
Joshua Gull
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sara & Eric - Save the Date

While it's not a terrible shot I feel like it could be improved upon. The wooden structure looks rustic while the city in the background clashes in both setting and exposure. It's highly distracting to my eye. To the couple themselves his right arm and hand are positioned awkwardly. His expression could likely be better too (but maybe not, some people are just squinty). She's wearing sunglasses and he's not which makes this feel a lot more snap-shotish. Also the way her hand is positioned on his stomach (with her weirdly painted alternating nails) looks a little funny especially in the way his shirt flares out so much below her hand/arm. If you would have rotated camera right a bit to eliminate the distracting urban background, had the couple turn slightly more towards each other, have her remove her sunglasses (or have him put some on if that's their thing) and then have them engage in a more natural pose it could be a much stronger shot.

Jan 14, 2013 at 05:32 AM
Mike Tuomey
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sara & Eric - Save the Date

Joshua and Mitch - helpful points, thanks

Jan 16, 2013 at 03:39 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

BGP1
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sara & Eric - Save the Date

As a "save the date" if there is supposed to be a notable theme to the wedding and the burned building is supposed to go with that it's not apparent to me. Both things mentioned what I would say is that immediately I noticed she is wearing sunglasses(why?) and the way they are standing it's as if they are on a cruise ship or standing in front of the castle at Disneyland. Both points already mentioned but I mean it's in focus and well exposed so it's not a BAD photo.

From a technical standpoint, the "pose" could use improvement as far as connection and just overall body position...and shooting from a lower angle makes him appear heavier in the face then he probably is. You can probably slide on that one but if it were Her you can be certain she won't like it.

B

Jan 16, 2013 at 05:09 AM
TTLKurtis
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sara & Eric - Save the Date

Honestly if you hadn't said anything I would assume they handed a camera to a stranger and had them take this photo.

Jan 16, 2013 at 06:21 AM
sozypozy
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sara & Eric - Save the Date

I like the background, but you could have used more of it. You could also have played with depth of field

Jan 16, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Mike Tuomey
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sara & Eric - Save the Date

I appreciate the criticism, everyone

Jan 17, 2013 at 01:41 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password