Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Canon Battery

Smoke24

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon Battery

I bought the canon 60d body only, brand new in the box, now i notice that the battery does not say canon on it, is it suppose to say it? i am concern because the battery does not last long, it dies in like a day or 2 even if you barely use it, like the firs time i use it, i only took one picture turn the camera off and then two days later the battery is almost dead with out me even using the camera. Any help would be appreciated.

Jan 13, 2013 at 05:59 PM
Smoke24

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon Battery

By the way the battery is a LP-E6.

Jan 13, 2013 at 06:00 PM
Kenneth Farver
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon Battery

did you charge the battery when you first got it?
Are you turning the camera off when you aren't using it?
I would surely think the battery would say Canon on it, all of mine do for all of my different Canon cameras.
Where did you purchase this camera from?
Sorry for so many questions.

Jan 13, 2013 at 06:01 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon Battery

The LP-E6 is identified with "Canon" debossed on the back side and a label including Canon on the contacts side. There should be a mustard colored safety cover as well.

EBH

Jan 13, 2013 at 06:04 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon Battery

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=canon+lp-e6&hl=en&safe=off&tbo=d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=cvbyUIymFMrIhAfh5ICYBQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=673

Mine look like the canon ones. If it doesn't say canon on the side then I suspect its a 3rd party one.

Who did you get the 'brand new in box' from?

Oh and my genuine canon one lasts for ages unused. The 3rd party one I bought as a back up didn't . (Its now in the bin)

Jan 13, 2013 at 06:05 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Smoke24

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon Battery

I bought the camera on ebay. yes i charge the battery fully. and the battery did came with a mustard colored safety cover

Jan 13, 2013 at 06:12 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon Battery

There are two types here. The older style is shown in the image below and the newer one in the image on top.

EBH

Jan 13, 2013 at 06:13 PM
Smoke24

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon Battery

This battery does not say canon anywhere it doesn't even have a serial number. I contact the person from ebay and explain to him and they have send me a new battery. waiting for that one to come probably tomorrow.

Jan 13, 2013 at 06:20 PM
Smoke24

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Canon Battery

Thanks for those pictures, yea this battery looks nothing like that on the back.

Jan 13, 2013 at 06:23 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password