Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · how to win a contest and then lose it?

pinball
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · how to win a contest and then lose it?

Hi all can across this article about someone winning the national geographic contest bu then hade it taken away because he did not follow the ruls. Here is the story:
http://harryfisch.blogspot.com.es/2013/01/national-geographic-how-i-won-and-lost.html

Bill

Jan 13, 2013 at 02:13 AM
GCasey
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · how to win a contest and then lose it?

So close!

And yet so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 13, 2013 at 02:20 AM
billk55
• • •
p.1 #3 · how to win a contest and then lose it?

what a tale....

But a very nice shot. I agree that removing this bag doesn't change the substance of the image. I think it's just an instance of the rules and reality mot matching very well. Sorry!

Jan 13, 2013 at 03:47 AM
escandon23

p.1 #4 · how to win a contest and then lose it?

wow.........the lance armstrong of photography !!

great photo, would have been nice to get it though.

Jan 16, 2013 at 05:58 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Michael H
• • • •
p.1 #5 · how to win a contest and then lose it?

Well, first of all it stinks to have the win and then lose it. BUT, the rules are the rules and they were published ahead of time. Contrary to the opinion above I do not think it to be a case of rules and reality not matching very well. The second he took the bag out, reality was removed. As he stated in the story the editors told him the bag didn't matter one way or the other. If the bag bothered him so much he should have simply cropped different.

In the end...as hard as it might have been...I applaud NatGeo for doing the right thing.

Jan 16, 2013 at 07:17 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · how to win a contest and then lose it?

I actually think that both the photographer and the magazine handled things very well. The photographer is particularly to be commended for his attitude at the end.

And yes, in reality that bag may not have mattered, and for other uses removing the bag would not have been a problem. But this was a contest, and the rules should indeed be strict in order to be fair.

Jan 17, 2013 at 09:21 PM
sozypozy
• • •
p.1 #7 · how to win a contest and then lose it?

That is really sad but the photographer should have read and re-read the rules before so that he would not be disqualified

Jan 18, 2013 at 11:52 AM
obscure

p.1 #8 · how to win a contest and then lose it?

Adjustment brush, paint over bag, adjust so that is becomes less noticable against the background (without actually removing) - problem solved.

Jan 20, 2013 at 02:32 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password