Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mk II Prints Purple - FIXED!

ZeusCoarsegold

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mk II Prints Purple - FIXED!

Purple Tinge FIXED!

I had a problem with the Pro9000 Mk II printing everything with a purple tinge. I've been refilling my inks cartridges and resetting the chip which I think is the second greatest aspect of this printer (quality of prints being first). But, after months of trouble with everything printing with a purple tinge, I took the original Canon Ink cartridges and blotted a smear of each color on a glossy paper so I can compare it with the bottled bulk ink I bought from UltraGamut.com. The colors matched except 3: Magenta was very slightly off. Black was slightly off and lighter. Cyan was the same tint, but slightly lighter.

Red was WAY OFF!!!!

In fact, CANON RED ISN'T RED, ITS ORANGE!

So filling it with UltraGamut's red caused everything to be cast with an OVER RED TINGE, AKA PURPLE!

So I bought an overpriced CANON RED cartridge and my colors are coming out MUCH CLOSER TO REALITY.

I've had this problem since I bought the printer, and refilled the cartridges, and fought it over and over and over. Finally, I found the problem. UltraGamut.com sells a bottle of ORANGE so I'm going to try that. After all the paper I've lost working on this, another $10.00 (and shipping) isn't too bad, and it might just be the color I need.

I will admit I never compared the CANON GREEN with the bottles, so some day, I'll do that.

Jan 12, 2013 at 04:37 AM
anthonygh
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mk II Prints Purple - FIXED!

I use German OCP ink......I have had the printer profiled but even before doing this I found the prints to be as good as when using all Canon materials.

As you mention...re-filling the Canon carts is a real bonus with this printer...really easy....and I calculate my ink costs are maybe 10% of what they would be if I had stuck with Canon carts......in fact I don't even view ink as an 'expense' to be concerned about anymore!!

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:25 PM
pesto126
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mk II Prints Purple - FIXED!

I've always used ink from Precision colors and never had an issue with off colors (unless the head was starting to clog)... highly recommend them!

Jan 12, 2013 at 04:08 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password