Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · 85mm PC or 85mm PC-E and why!

james.d53
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · 85mm PC or 85mm PC-E and why!

I have been researching these lenses. I'm a commercial photographer in Dallas and have never used one of these lenses. I'm reaching out to all of you that do and have. Which one would you purchase and why?

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:08 AM
ja_joyce
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · 85mm PC or 85mm PC-E and why!

NM, I was confused.

Edited on Jan 12, 2013 at 03:05 PM · View previous versions

Jan 12, 2013 at 02:36 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.1 #3 · 85mm PC or 85mm PC-E and why!

I've bought the 85 PC because it's a lot cheaper than it's younger brother ;-) The 85 PC tilts too, btw.
Sorry, James from Texas, can't help you with your question. I've read that the PC-E is more suited to spontaneous portrait-photography and other handheld-uses because of it's faster to use aperture-mechanism.
As far as I know (I could be wrong) the original 85PC contains at least one ED-element and the PC-E not.
Sorry for my crappy English.

Jan 12, 2013 at 02:49 PM
ja_joyce
• •
p.1 #4 · 85mm PC or 85mm PC-E and why!

georgms wrote:
....The 85 PC tilts too, btw. ...

I had it confused with the older shift only lenses. According to reviews it sounds like it is easy to change the tilt-sift orientation on the older one. I believe you need a new cable to change it on the new one. That would be enough for me to take the older PC.

Edited on Jan 12, 2013 at 03:11 PM · View previous versions

Jan 12, 2013 at 03:02 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

georgms
• • • •
p.1 #5 · 85mm PC or 85mm PC-E and why!

ja_joyce wrote:
I had it confused with the older shift only lenses.

Yeah, Nikons name-giving is a bit confusing sometimes ;-)

Jan 12, 2013 at 03:10 PM
ausemmao
• •
p.1 #6 · 85mm PC or 85mm PC-E and why!

james.d53 wrote:
I have been researching these lenses. I'm a commercial photographer in Dallas and have never used one of these lenses. I'm reaching out to all of you that do and have. Which one would you purchase and why?

PC-E if you like convenience, PC if you like money in your pocket

Jan 12, 2013 at 05:00 PM
lukeb
• • •
p.1 #7 · 85mm PC or 85mm PC-E and why!

Be aware that the PC-E series will only "tilt" **or** "swing" out of the box, but with modification by Nikon (to keep your warranty) will both "tilt and swing." I have all three and am waiting for an answer from Nikon on the cost of modification for each as UPS insurance alone to send them to CA is over well $100. http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1180699/0#11256068

IMHO, that being said, all three Nikon PC-E's are excellent lenses for a commercial photog to have in his/her bag!.

Jan 12, 2013 at 05:14 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password