Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Nikon camera with a canon flash

deterpawson09

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikon camera with a canon flash

Hello Nikon-eers,
I have a slight dilemma. I swapped brands from canon to nikon. However i just cant seem to get a proper price for my Canon 580EX ll flash. So i would like to keep it and use it with my Nikon D7000 which i just bought. I also have the Yongnuo RF602 ( methinks ) transmitter and receiver for Canon ( i know i cant use the canon transmitter but i can attach the reciever to my canon 580 flash right? ). Is it possible to trigger my Canon Flash with the Nikon D7000 either via pop-up flash OR internal wireless pulse OR via a Yongnuo transmitter ( for Nikon ) attached to my hotshoe. Also would a SB700 be a good flash unit for the D7000.
I thank y'all in advance for any suggestions, comments and advice.
Happy New Year.
Cheers.
Pete

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:27 PM
RKH
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikon camera with a canon flash

Long answer short. No idea, no idea, no idea and yes the SB-700 would work very well with your D7000. Sorry, but you probably could use them with radio poppers (something like pocket wizards) but they would more than likely have to be used with manual settings.

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:45 PM
NathanHamler
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nikon camera with a canon flash

No the canon flash wont do anything with the d7000 besides being triggered via optical slave, if the 580 even does that...yongnuo transmitters dont do ttl, despite the fact that there are other contacts on the hotshoe besides the sync contact...so yes, if you use any manual flash radio triggers, you CAN use a 580 as a remote...and no a 580 wont do TTL on camera, af assist, etc on top of a nikon...

Jan 11, 2013 at 11:13 PM
okafoja
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nikon camera with a canon flash

deterpawson09 wrote:
Hello Nikon-eers,
I have a slight dilemma. I swapped brands from canon to nikon. However i just cant seem to get a proper price for my Canon 580EX ll flash. So i would like to keep it and use it with my Nikon D7000 which i just bought. I also have the Yongnuo RF602 ( methinks ) transmitter and receiver for Canon ( i know i cant use the canon transmitter but i can attach the reciever to my canon 580 flash right? ). Is it possible to trigger my Canon Flash with the Nikon D7000 either via pop-up flash OR
...Show more

Yep. Manual setting with radio popper should work. Even your Yongnuo should. Too bad you will be missing out on excellent Nikon flash metering and exposure. You probably asking too much for your flash. It took me a day or so to sell my 580EXII.

Jan 11, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

deterpawson09

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Nikon camera with a canon flash

Thank you kindly for your informative replies, much-ly appreciated.
I was hoping to sell the Canon flash and buy a SB700 and maybe a 2nd smaller manual flash, which i will probably trigger both off camera. If not i will use the Canon in manual mode because it does have a lot of power and is a very good unit and in excellent condition.
Oh well i will look around for deals.
Peace.
Pete

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:19 AM
scottam10
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Nikon camera with a canon flash

Doesn't make much sense to keep it, with the release of the 600ex they're not going to increase in value. I'm sure you could trigger it manually as a dumb slave, but there are 3rd party slaves that can do the same thing for half the cost, or Nikon flashes that take advantage of nikon's clever CLS

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:26 AM
deterpawson09

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Nikon camera with a canon flash

hello all
found an interesting article about camera and flashes.
its about canon bodies and nikon flashes and vice-versa.
if anyone is interested pls check it out.

http://www.adorama.com/alc/article/13587

cheers
pete

Jan 12, 2013 at 01:20 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password