Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · suggestion for 24-70 f2.8 mk I

gschlact
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · suggestion for 24-70 f2.8 mk I

I was wondering whether some folks here might lend some suggestions for me as I am trying to sell two very clean copies of the Canon EF 24-70 f2.8L Mk I lens.

I have posted what appears going rate-prices on the Buy Sell Forum here at FM, but have been shown very little interest. I have done the same on DPReview as well.

What suggestions do you have for me for other ways to possibly sell them and reach potential buyers? Not sure I want to take the Craig's List approach.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1178987/0?keyword=24-70#11238891

-Guy
(Chicago area)

Jan 11, 2013 at 05:27 PM
ndirienzo
• • •
p.1 #2 · suggestion for 24-70 f2.8 mk I

The price looks right, but you need to put up some pictures. You're a new seller, although not super new on FM. Still, it'll give people confidence as to the condition. Also, this is a slow time of year for selling gear.

Jan 11, 2013 at 05:46 PM
dgdg
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · suggestion for 24-70 f2.8 mk I

Sorry you are having trouble.

Here is what I might do if I were shopping for this lens. I'd see your price, add 3% paypal and your better lens would be $1230. I'd go to an auction site and see some lenses are going for around the same price, some from sellers with significant positive feedback. I'd think you are likely to be a very honest person with all your posts here, but notice no selling feedback here on FM. If you were the only one selling a lens here, I'd buy it on *bay instead.
Pictures that are not stock photos can help too. I don't use the pictures to verify the item condition is as stated, but gives one extra impression that you actually have the item that is for sale.
Others might see you have a slightly better deal than elsewhere and think it worth the risk and ask to talk with you over the phone. I bought a 5DII here recently and even with the great feedback he had, I still verified his home number and address and spoke with him over the phone. With all that, I felt better buying here than on a different site.
That is my impression, only offered since you asked for it.

Edited on Jan 11, 2013 at 05:50 PM · View previous versions

Jan 11, 2013 at 05:48 PM
Charlie N

p.1 #4 · suggestion for 24-70 f2.8 mk I

you need good photos to sell your item quick. craigslist route wont hurt either, sold my 24-70 in less than 2 hours on CL, with good photos and sample images.

Jan 11, 2013 at 05:49 PM
abqnmusa
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · suggestion for 24-70 f2.8 mk I

there are also other options for 24-70 lenses available now that are high quality.
People may be looking at those.

Sigma 24-70 F2.8
Tamron 24-70 F2.8

Jan 11, 2013 at 05:57 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password