Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · U2711 over satuarated using Spyder3 Elite 4.0 Mac Lion

John P Mulgrew
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · U2711 over satuarated using Spyder3 Elite 4.0 Mac Lion

I have been having calibrating issues for awhile now and I'm sure it's my fault, have had issues when I had the Dell U2410 and now the U2711. Monitor shows the images to be slightly over saturated and my prints do match at all what I'm seeing on the screen. Looking at my images on iPad do not match my monitor either. I keep trying to do full calibrations using the Spyer3 elite 4. but still slightly too red, it's noticeable so maybe it's a bit more than slightly red. Printing on Red River paper using their profiles on Epson 3880

Jan 11, 2013 at 05:24 PM
Bruce Sawle
• • • •
p.1 #2 · U2711 over satuarated using Spyder3 Elite 4.0 Mac Lion

Is your monitor wide gamut? How are you viewing your images? How does Photoshop compare to your browser when you view the photos.

Jan 11, 2013 at 05:37 PM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · U2711 over satuarated using Spyder3 Elite 4.0 Mac Lion

http://www.gballard.net/photoshop/srgb_wide_gamut.html
Your printed photos should match photoshop but not most any other program.

Jan 11, 2013 at 06:15 PM
anthonygh
• • •
p.1 #4 · U2711 over satuarated using Spyder3 Elite 4.0 Mac Lion

I guess you are using a Mac. I bought a Spyder3 Elite a couple of years back......but found that the calibration profile I obtained was very similar to what I got by eye using the monitor calibration in the system panel ....basically, I think it was a waste of money.

Depending on how well you can use this, I would suggest creating a profile by eye..then comparing it to what Spyder generates. If both show the colour etc bias you mention it could suggest a monitor fault.

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:32 PM
John P Mulgrew
• • • •
p.1 #5 · U2711 over satuarated using Spyder3 Elite 4.0 Mac Lion

Thanks Anthony I may just do that, definitely not printing the way it should. Don't think it's a monitor issue since my U2410 did the same thing.

Jan 12, 2013 at 03:07 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

morganb4
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · U2711 over satuarated using Spyder3 Elite 4.0 Mac Lion

DL the latest spyder software. I had a nightmare on Moutain Lion. I got a profile working but only in colour managed apps, everything else just looks a little garish and o/saturated but I have not noticed a bias. Inside LR or PS, etc thinks are ok but web pages look a bit mental sometimes.

When you make your profile, at the end of the wizard do you get a profile chart that resembles the sRGB chart shown or does it resemble the NTSC chart? If you repeatedly get a profile that looks like its sRGB then you are having the same problem as me. You need to set your profile to 'Root User' (do a search for this) and then try and run the wizard again. It still may be flakey but I was more likely to get a profile doing it as root user. Do a search on google and you will fid a few threads on it. I found it helped the troubleshooting process to delete my existing profiles and be systematic about naming.

Anthonygh, going by eye may be ok in a non professional environment. If there is a monitor fault you wont easily generate any kind of profile, by eye or otherwise.

Jan 13, 2013 at 09:20 AM
John P Mulgrew
• • • •
p.1 #7 · U2711 over satuarated using Spyder3 Elite 4.0 Mac Lion

I have the latest software and that sounds like a lot of work, tired of paying for something that doesn't work properly!!! thank you

Jan 13, 2013 at 01:22 PM
anthonygh
• • •
p.1 #8 · U2711 over satuarated using Spyder3 Elite 4.0 Mac Lion

morganb4 wrote:
Anthonygh, going by eye may be ok in a non professional environment. If there is a monitor fault you wont easily generate any kind of profile, by eye or otherwise.

The point I was making is that when I generate a profile by eye.....it is very similar to the one generated by my calibration device...so I am suggesting that if the OP can do the same it should be obvious if the calibrated profile is a lot different from the 'by eye' profile. If both are the same but both are 'wrong' then the device would not seem to be the problem.

As for needing a calibrated profile for professional work...I don't see it myself.....and didn't use one until I was seduced by the argument that 'I needed one' two years back.

As my prints looked pretty much how my monitor looked...and as, ultimately, colour perception is subjective to a degree ( and colour choice certainly is)...I think too much is made of so called colour accuracy.

Although I admit some people haven't a clue and produce portraits and so on where the colours are almost cartoon like!!

Jan 13, 2013 at 02:57 PM
morganb4
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · U2711 over satuarated using Spyder3 Elite 4.0 Mac Lion

John P Mulgrew wrote:
I have the latest software and that sounds like a lot of work, tired of paying for something that doesn't work properly!!! thank you

I am too but Im shit out of options now.Either I employ a workround or spend even more money on a different system.

Jan 17, 2013 at 01:14 PM
John P Mulgrew
• • • •
p.1 #10 · U2711 over satuarated using Spyder3 Elite 4.0 Mac Lion

I'll just "eye" it for now on and say screw the calibration hardware

Jan 17, 2013 at 02:38 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password