1       2       3              5      
       end

Archive 2013 · Sigma 35mm f/1.4 AF problems

trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #1 · p.6 #1 · Sigma 35mm f/1.4 AF problems

MicroMan wrote:
Sending in your own camera with your lens is not odd, It's logical. There are calibration differences between cameras.

No, it's ODD Sending a Nikon body to Sigma That might fly if you only have the one lens.
Chances are you'd have Nikon glass that might not be worth a shite when the body comes back.
Bad idea. Get the USB Dock (for what you'd pay to ship both ways) and tweak it yourself.

Jul 25, 2013 at 07:47 AM
Buckeye2604
• •
p.6 #2 · p.6 #2 · Sigma 35mm f/1.4 AF problems

I just wanted to report my experience. When using my D600 and sigma 35 I would have occasional backfocusing issues. I tried to correct the problem using AF fine tune but discovered the back focusing only occurred at certain distances so AF fine tune fixed the problem at those distances and caused problems at others. Ended up sending both the body and lens in. Sigma assured me they only make changes with the lens' AF data, not the camera! It arrived at Sigma on July 18, was calibrated to the camera body and sent back that same day. Talk about fast turn around.

I've tested the camera with my Nikon lenses. They are all still spot on. I can understand why someone would be weary, I sure was. The backfocusing no longer occurs. I'm glad it ended up as a very positive experience.

Jul 25, 2013 at 01:19 PM
BenV
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #3 · p.6 #3 · Sigma 35mm f/1.4 AF problems

Buckeye2604 wrote:
I just wanted to report my experience. When using my D600 and sigma 35 I would have occasional backfocusing issues. I tried to correct the problem using AF fine tune but discovered the back focusing only occurred at certain distances so AF fine tune fixed the problem at those distances and caused problems at others. Ended up sending both the body and lens in. Sigma assured me they only make changes with the lens' AF data, not the camera! It arrived at Sigma on July 18, was calibrated to the camera body and sent back that same day. Talk about
...Show more

I'm pretty sure as soon as it arrived, they just connected the USB dock, updated the firmware, and packed it back up, lol. That's all it took to fix mine.

Jul 25, 2013 at 03:08 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.6 #4 · p.6 #4 · Sigma 35mm f/1.4 AF problems

Our FM buddy Roger Cicala chimes in here (for all the doubters/cynics out there)

http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2013/06/sigma-optimization-pro-and-usb-dock

Jul 26, 2013 at 06:52 AM
MicroMan

p.6 #5 · p.6 #5 · Sigma 35mm f/1.4 AF problems

My Sigma 35mm f/1.4 has autofocus issues on a D800. I can't find a pattern in it. It seems to front and back focus at random. It doesn’t matter which focus point I choose. Even the center point yields unreliable results. I’ll send it to Sigma for repair.

Sep 03, 2013 at 01:55 AM
Bobat

p.6 #6 · p.6 #6 · Sigma 35mm f/1.4 AF problems

MicroMan wrote:
My Sigma 35mm f/1.4 has autofocus issues on a D800. I can't find a pattern in it. It seems to front and back focus at random. It doesn’t matter which focus point I choose. Even the center point yields unreliable results. I’ll send it to Sigma for repair.

Did you ever send your lens to Sigma, and were they able to fix it? I have the same issue (random AF issues, some back focus, some front focus at the same distance) and just sent it in. I'm wondering how hopeful I should be that they'll be able to fix this.

Oct 04, 2013 at 08:16 PM
MikeW
• • •
p.6 #7 · p.6 #7 · Sigma 35mm f/1.4 AF problems

Just grab the usb dock. I was pretty sceptical of it but it works great. I am enjoying my 35mm siggy.

Oct 04, 2013 at 08:29 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.