Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · Worth upgrading from Canon 1D Mark 2N to 1D Mark IV?

pony girl

Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · Worth upgrading from Canon 1D Mark 2N to 1D Mark IV?

I'm looking forward to shooting this year with a camera that is not as heavy as the 1D series; think I've found what I need in the 5D3. If conditions necessitate dust or rain resistance, I'll still have the 1D2N as a backup until the weather improves. Thanks, again, for all the suggestions.

Jan 21, 2013 at 09:09 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · Worth upgrading from Canon 1D Mark 2N to 1D Mark IV?

Definitely.

Jan 21, 2013 at 11:19 PM
lynnesite

Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #3 · Worth upgrading from Canon 1D Mark 2N to 1D Mark IV?

As a fellow horse shooter (though not shows), I have an opinion--with over 200K on my MK III. I rented or CPS-borrowed a Mark IV a few times. Noticed a distinct difference in WB accuracy, as well as more precise tracking and sharpness. I have one of the "good" Mark IIIs. Not all are. Max ISO that I was comfortable with was 2500.

Bought a Mark IV from an FM seller in October, and am very happy with it. With the loaner IV, I'd made shots for a client at 12,800 which were quite usable up to very large format.

aside: suspect I'm about to get UNhappy, with a CPS loaner 1Dx on the way for next week's gig, same client from the 12,800 ISO shots. Just reading the 48 page AF guide (available online) is making me weak in the knees, such a dream. High action, low theatrical light (think Cirque).

re: user selectable/more points. We horse shooters don't use 'em. Single. Though I'm going to try the four pointer in the 1Dx. We also do not shutter-mash. There are perfect moments in a horse stride. Don't time 'em and you'll miss it.

Jan 26, 2013 at 09:28 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password