Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · What does your Final Deliverable look like and consist of?

Marici Photo
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · What does your Final Deliverable look like and consist of?

I tried doing a search on this butdidnt find anything.

I'm wondering what you guys give your clients as the final product .As I aim towards providing a bette rproduct and service.. I want the final 'product'/box/bag to match the prices. Which means I need something that impresses the client and leaves a lasting impression.

What do i mena by final product? I mean.. in addition to the branded DVD or fancy dvd case..what else do you give them? How do you package the DVD case? If you're shipping it..how do you ship it? USPS? UPS? Do you present the case as a gift? Do you put a thank you letter in there? Do you add little gift branded or non-branded?

I've seen photogs send the bride a Hanger for their dress which has the brides name made out of the wire or engraved in the wood. Stuff like that.. I hope my post made sense.

I just want to know whats out there and if I can do things better.

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:09 AM
sic0048
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · What does your Final Deliverable look like and consist of?

I think one of the best ways to see what is out there is to attend a Photography/Wedding convention/expo. If you can find one close to home, you'll have the opportunity to interact with more vendors than you can imagine. You'll be able to touch the products and speak with the reps to learn more about them.

I'm not sure about other conventions, but the PPA's convention called ImageUSA (which happens to be in Atl in a couple weeks), allows photographers to come into the expo floor for free. Obviously that is a little far from Chicago, but my point is that you might find one locally that is free too.

Even if you have to pay to enter, the expo only price probably isn't too expensive and the experience will be well worth it.

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:35 AM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · What does your Final Deliverable look like and consist of?

Instead of worrying about what other people do why don't you spend some time thinking to yourself... what do I want to do?

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Marici Photo
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · What does your Final Deliverable look like and consist of?

TTLKurtis wrote:
Instead of worrying about what other people do why don't you spend some time thinking to yourself... what do I want to do?

haha Thanks Kurtis. But don't you think I've spent nights n days dwelling on this before I posted?

I have improved my final product significantly since i started. I like the idea of going to the bridal shows to see products..but I'm posting on here because I'm curious about how the others are doing it. Thats the whole point of this forum.

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:53 AM
heikoM
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · What does your Final Deliverable look like and consist of?

Marici Photo wrote:
..but I'm posting on here because I'm curious about how the others are doing it.

How do you do it?

Jan 10, 2013 at 04:32 PM
Marici Photo
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · What does your Final Deliverable look like and consist of?

heikoM wrote:
How do you do it?

My deliverable consists of a branded DVD, customized cases that I buy through Etsy or Millers lab accompanied by a Thank you letter and I used to ship it using USPS in pretty simple packaging. I guess I feel like I should be making things fancier..

Jan 10, 2013 at 04:51 PM
form
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · What does your Final Deliverable look like and consist of?

I'm the cheapo photographer. I give a DVD tin with personalized watershield printed DVD(s), a thank you letter and I ship in a bubble-padded envelope. I've thought of getting better dvd cases, but sometimes I go over the 2-disc limit for photos.

Jan 10, 2013 at 05:54 PM
julieawhitlock
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · What does your Final Deliverable look like and consist of?

http://www.julieawhitlockblog.com/2012/05/02/2012-wedding-suite/

This is what I did in 2012. Still working on 2013 with custom album boutique bags. If you want some inspiration check the Paperie Boutique blog!

Jan 10, 2013 at 09:15 PM
Inku Yo
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · What does your Final Deliverable look like and consist of?

form wrote:
I'm the cheapo photographer. I give a DVD tin with personalized watershield printed DVD(s), a thank you letter and I ship in a bubble-padded envelope. I've thought of getting better dvd cases, but sometimes I go over the 2-disc limit for photos.

What "2 disc limit" are you referring to?

Jan 11, 2013 at 02:28 AM
marko1953
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · What does your Final Deliverable look like and consist of?

Inku Yo wrote:
What "2 disc limit" are you referring to?

What he means is that some DVD cases only hold 2 discs.

Jan 11, 2013 at 03:28 AM
Inku Yo
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · What does your Final Deliverable look like and consist of?

marko1953 wrote:
What he means is that some DVD cases only hold 2 discs.

If you have 2 cases, then they hold 4 discs. Not sure exactly where the "limitation" is except in his own mind.

Jan 11, 2013 at 08:57 AM
StephanieTo

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · What does your Final Deliverable look like and consist of?

Julie your stuff is fantastic!! I am still working on mine...

Jan 11, 2013 at 05:12 PM
julieawhitlock
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · What does your Final Deliverable look like and consist of?

Thanks. Apparently the pinners like it!

Jan 12, 2013 at 03:15 PM
Ian Ivey
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · What does your Final Deliverable look like and consist of?

I just allow the client to batch-download their gallery direct from my web site. No need to burn to a hard medium. Their book is the physical product I deliver.

Jan 13, 2013 at 11:10 PM
DannyBostwick
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · What does your Final Deliverable look like and consist of?

Don't try to out think the room (been there, done that). Just do what seems cool and fits your personality and fits your budget of overhead. Your a photographer so you've at least got somewhat of a creative streak, use it!

Jan 14, 2013 at 09:10 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.