Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2013 · Lower 5D3 price in Bangkok
  
 
Lars Johnsson
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lower 5D3 price in Bangkok


I went in to the Fotofile shop at MBK department store in Bangkok today. They are selling the 5D3 camera for 85,500 baht. And about 7% less for foreigners and tourists that don't have to pay VAT. That's $ 2600 in US currency.
Thailands largest shop and Canon authorized dealer of course.



Jan 10, 2013 at 01:26 PM
Paul Mo
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lower 5D3 price in Bangkok


That's a huge drop from the 104,000 baht I paid! Mind you, I have had the use of the camera for six or seven months.


Jan 10, 2013 at 01:36 PM
Sandpit
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lower 5D3 price in Bangkok


Hi Lars,
Love your work. I am going to Bangkok on Sunday for a couple of days and am thinking of picking up the new Canon 24-70mm. By any chance have you had a look at its price. Here in Dubai it's an incredible US$2900.



Jan 10, 2013 at 04:14 PM
Wahoowa
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lower 5D3 price in Bangkok


Sandpit wrote:
Hi Lars,
Love your work. I am going to Bangkok on Sunday for a couple of days and am thinking of picking up the new Canon 24-70mm. By any chance have you had a look at its price. Here in Dubai it's an incredible US$2900.


Check the price here:

http://www.fotofile.net/product_cate.php?qid=13

Per the website, it's 74,000 Baht before 7% less. You don't have to do tax refund. You just show your passport there and they'll work on it there.

Keep in mind though that you may be able to negotiate a lower price at the store, especially with cash.



Jan 10, 2013 at 04:21 PM
Lars Johnsson
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lower 5D3 price in Bangkok


Sandpit wrote:
Hi Lars,
Love your work. I am going to Bangkok on Sunday for a couple of days and am thinking of picking up the new Canon 24-70mm. By any chance have you had a look at its price. Here in Dubai it's an incredible US$2900.


Their listed price without the VAT that you get back is $ 2270. Maybe you will get it a little bit cheaper if paying cash



Jan 10, 2013 at 05:19 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Lars Johnsson
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lower 5D3 price in Bangkok


Wahoowa wrote:
Check the price here:

http://www.fotofile.net/product_cate.php?qid=13

Per the website, it's 74,000 Baht before 7% less. You don't have to do tax refund. You just show your passport there and they'll work on it there.

Keep in mind though that you may be able to negotiate a lower price at the store, especially with cash.


You must do the tax refund. They will fill in the papers if you bring your passport. But you must show it in two places at the airport where you will get the money back. And also have the lens ready if they like to see it at the airport



Jan 10, 2013 at 05:21 PM
AGeoJO
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Lower 5D3 price in Bangkok


Lars Johnsson wrote:
Their listed price without the VAT that you get back is $ 2270. Maybe you will get it a little bit cheaper if paying cash


Wow, now that's a great price alright! There is also no tax incurred here in the US if we buy from a store in a different state than the shipping address and if the seller doesn't have any business in that state. But the price we pay is quite a bit higher than that .



Jan 10, 2013 at 05:26 PM
Lars Johnsson
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Lower 5D3 price in Bangkok


They also have the 6D camera including a iPad mini 16GB for $ 2140


Jan 10, 2013 at 05:35 PM
Sandpit
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Lower 5D3 price in Bangkok


Thanks for the great info guys, beats rip off Dubai by miles.


Jan 10, 2013 at 07:09 PM





FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password