Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Boys BBall Jackson vs Jackson Lumen Christi

zSCOTTz
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Boys BBall Jackson vs Jackson Lumen Christi

Shots from the cross-town rivalry game last night.

Jan 10, 2013 at 02:48 AM
Russ Isabella
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · Boys BBall Jackson vs Jackson Lumen Christi

#2 isn't working for me, but I like the rest. Great 'spirit' in #3, and good action in the rest of your shots. #1 looks a little warmer than the others. Nice work.

Jan 10, 2013 at 03:31 AM
zSCOTTz
• •
p.1 #3 · Boys BBall Jackson vs Jackson Lumen Christi

Thank you Russ.

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:25 AM
rddayton
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Boys BBall Jackson vs Jackson Lumen Christi

Think #4 is top-shelf. Great expression and clearly visible face. Number 1 is pretty solid as well.

Like Russ, I would dump number 2. If you are going to drag the shutter, try it by panning on a particular player and blur the background.

Think number 3 would be vastly improved if you cropped it more. Eliminate the empty bleachers at the top. Think about pictures you have seen at Duke with the Cameron Crazies. They are awesome because there are NO empty seats around the kids. Just basketball insanity. Another possibility -- close it down a couple stops to include the reaction/facial expression of the player in the foreground.

Love seeing the passion and purity of prep sports. Thanks for posting these Scott.

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:01 AM
zSCOTTz
• •
p.1 #5 · Boys BBall Jackson vs Jackson Lumen Christi

Thanks for the critique, I will try panning on a player next game to see what I can get, and Ill crop some more off number three to try and improve it. Thanks for your time and comments.

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:23 AM
zSCOTTz
• •
p.1 #6 · Boys BBall Jackson vs Jackson Lumen Christi

Cropped the pic and I do like it alot better, and cooled another one down some.

cropped

cooled this down some

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

rddayton
• • •
p.1 #7 · Boys BBall Jackson vs Jackson Lumen Christi

Scott -- that re-cropped version of number 3 is SOOOOOOO much better. Good work. Because of all the white the kids are wearing, you may want to play with adding a touch of black or contrast to it and I think you have a winner.

While we are on the subject of cropping, think about tightening things up on number 1 as well. The fans at the top of the frame don't add a lot. Ditto for the empty floor at the bottom. Get rid of them and make it almost square. I know that's not what you would do for publishing the photo -- or for printing it. But for display purposes here, cropping the top and bottom I think will make it a much stronger image.

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Aqualung
• • •
p.1 #8 · Boys BBall Jackson vs Jackson Lumen Christi

also like #4...despite my first reaction being the background looks off...but then the net is vertical. And, like the cooled down version...

Chris

Jan 10, 2013 at 01:03 PM
BillP57
• • •
p.1 #9 · Boys BBall Jackson vs Jackson Lumen Christi

Russ Isabella wrote: #2 isn't working for me, but I like the rest. Great 'spirit' in #3, and good action in the rest of your shots. #1 looks a little warmer than the others. Nice work.

+1 on Russ's comments

#4 is my favorite. I like the #1 revision, but #3 could use a curves adjustment and with the tighter crop the OOF player is more of a distraction.

Bill

Jan 10, 2013 at 02:07 PM
zSCOTTz
• •
p.1 #10 · Boys BBall Jackson vs Jackson Lumen Christi

Rick, I did a curves adjustment on the fans, and moved the player to the right to try and make him less distracting, I really wish he was closer to me on my side of the court which would have blurred him more and still had the same shot with the fans. I also cropped number 1 to a box crop (unconstrained) and darkened the fans some, thats as close as I can crop it. Thanks for your comments and help, little things I didnt notice only make me better, much appreciated.

Cropped

Curves adjustment, re-cropped

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:11 PM
rddayton
• • •
p.1 #11 · Boys BBall Jackson vs Jackson Lumen Christi

Great work Scott. I really like the re-works a lot. The crowd shot carries a lot more punch now -- and the box crop on the original #1 I think is perfect. Shows athleticism and the hard work of a defender trying to stay in front of him. Good work.

Rick

Jan 11, 2013 at 01:58 PM
zSCOTTz
• •
p.1 #12 · Boys BBall Jackson vs Jackson Lumen Christi

Thanks Rick. Those two are both sophmores starting on the varsity also.

Jan 11, 2013 at 09:59 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password