Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Help me with this problem in Lightroom...

jrosen2
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Help me with this problem in Lightroom...

Please see this link in DPreview:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3364408

As you can see I am getting a very strange gray outline around red objects which are surrounded by bright, light illumination. I zeroed everything in LR - no sharpening, exposure adjustments etc.. I also get this using the latest camera raw in PS. When processed with the Sony raw processor, these outlines do not appear. Unfortunately I do not have another raw processor for Sony RX-1 files to test out.

Thanks

Jan 09, 2013 at 08:13 PM
plubbry
• • •
p.1 #2 · Help me with this problem in Lightroom...

What are your 'color fringe correction controls' set at?

Jan 09, 2013 at 09:26 PM
jrosen2
• •
p.1 #3 · Help me with this problem in Lightroom...

thanks for the reply. Off and then on. no change

Jan 09, 2013 at 09:28 PM
jrosen2
• •
p.1 #4 · Help me with this problem in Lightroom...

Hers is the the link to download the raw file

Thanks

http://ul.to/fr1ajkce

Jan 10, 2013 at 09:12 PM
Alan321
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Help me with this problem in Lightroom...

In Lr 4 that file looks perfectly fine with process 2012 and also with 2010. The only way I can generate the effect is to apply some defringe CA. In general, when you do that to an edge that has some purple fringe in it then Lr will fix all edges with purple and can therefore cause problems in other parts of the image.

In the 2010 process I even tried using recovery to cut the highlights back. Sometimes that can cause grey borders if overdone (which is really quite easy). The 2012 process does not have "recovery" but the highlight slider does a similar thing with far less chance of causing the grey borders.

Is it possible that you have synchronised settings from one photo to others and inadvertently taken some defringing with it ? Even if it was, resetting everything in this image should have fixed it unless you didn't reset quite everything.

It definitely is not something in-camera or I would not be seeing the healthy image.

Jan 21, 2013 at 06:45 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password