Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · My Last whispers of 2012 from up there and down under

ctlim
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · My Last whispers of 2012 from up there and down under

hello, happy new year to all, sharing some images before I officially close my 2012 data bank.

its been a great year of shooting for me, though you could always wish for it to be better, (who doesn't?) but can't complain, with a day job. managed to get my boss to allow me to go to the US, Iceland and New Zealand all in one year. There was tons of work when I got back though... and it continues to pour in.

Not this Feb 20 though, as I take 2 weeks, this time with my wife. And a new found friend from Iceland, as we visit Norway before I go on a long term date with the better half to France and Holland.

Edited on Jan 09, 2013 at 02:48 PM · View previous versions

Jan 09, 2013 at 02:34 PM
ctlim
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · My Last whispers of 2012 from up there and down under

The Elements | Seljalandsfoss, one of the most famous waterfalls in Iceland, you can walk behind it to take a picture behind but it only works during non tourist hours and when the sun sets right in front of it. This is the not so typical view, the falls being swept by the winds, sometimes the wind gets so strong the waterfalls go completely vertical. Here is my version of trying to be artsy with the composition and light.

Jan 09, 2013 at 02:36 PM
ctlim
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · My Last whispers of 2012 from up there and down under

Ride | This was our ride in Iceland. Yeah it was bare, old and beat up but it did the job. A True Road Warrior, here is a tribute to that Toyota under the Northern Lights. It was freezing cold I was just standing by the car until the lights came on again, this time I was holding off the photography after this shot and just wanted to be in the moment as it was our last shooting night on the tour.

Jan 09, 2013 at 02:40 PM
ctlim
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · My Last whispers of 2012 from up there and down under

I Heart Aoraki | Been here twice hence the title, possibly one of the most rewarding images I will ever take in my lifetime. Took alot from this scene, but this one just draws me in the most, moving the ballhead juts a few cm from side to side and a bit up and down gives different interpretations of the lines. Hooker Glacier Lake, one of the best landscapes I have ever seen. To stand in awe of 10-12k foot mountains, the freezing cold water and wind definitely adds to the experience.

Jan 09, 2013 at 02:41 PM
ctlim
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · My Last whispers of 2012 from up there and down under

Purple Hour | waited for blue hour to take this image, there was just too many things to shoot for me to prioritize what to go after, i was shooting this a bit high as the lupine was almost up to my chest, extending my tripod height to enable me to shoot down a bit. i had no idea there were tons of spiders (small non venomous ones) that were starting to crawl out. Russell Lupin of Lake Tekapo, NZ.

Jan 09, 2013 at 02:43 PM
ctlim
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · My Last whispers of 2012 from up there and down under

thanks again in advance for viewing and sharing your thoughts on my images, appreciate it alot.

my recent work can be seen on www.500px.com/christianlim

happy new year again to all!

Jan 09, 2013 at 02:44 PM
dalongfellow
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · My Last whispers of 2012 from up there and down under

Hard to go wrong on any of these, although I have a slight preference for the last two. Thanks for posting.

Dave

Jan 09, 2013 at 03:15 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

marty bober
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · My Last whispers of 2012 from up there and down under

Excellent shots, very nice work... Iceland is on my short list to visit. Hoping to do it within a year or so. Looking at your shots I want to go today..... Thanks for sharing....

Jan 09, 2013 at 03:20 PM
ctlim
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · My Last whispers of 2012 from up there and down under

^ thanks will actually be going in a few weeks, hoping to catch winter's last breath and aurora in iceland.

Jan 10, 2013 at 06:46 AM
shoenberg3
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · My Last whispers of 2012 from up there and down under

1 and 3 are amazing...

Jan 10, 2013 at 07:01 AM
roman.johnston
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · My Last whispers of 2012 from up there and down under

Very nice work. Love the lupines on very much.

Roman

Jan 10, 2013 at 01:04 PM
Matt Tilghman
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · My Last whispers of 2012 from up there and down under

Great work! Love them all.

Jan 11, 2013 at 09:53 PM
Scott Kroeker
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · My Last whispers of 2012 from up there and down under

Liking the rainbow/falls photo.

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:04 PM
ctlim
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · My Last whispers of 2012 from up there and down under

^ thanks that one is a fave of mine since its a sight less seen in my part of the world, most topography I like I've to go out and ravel.

Jan 14, 2013 at 08:13 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password