New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · A few from a recent shoot

Access
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A few from a recent shoot

Just wanted to know what you guys think. I seem to be asked to do this type of photography more and more, even if it's often on short notice, ie. planned at the last minute while on the road. So just trying to do a decent or better job every time.

Jan 08, 2013 at 11:19 PM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A few from a recent shoot

For me The background is on of the most important part of a portrait/shoot.
I like clean backgrounds ones that aren't distracting and will better show case the subject.

In 1 the creases are distracting, How about a nice seamless gray paper (I have one and love), The angle the photo is taken at isn't the best either. Not sure what the pose is about but it's probably what your going for.

In the first outdoor ones the sun is too harsh and casting a distracting shadow. Take them out of the sun, find some open shade and I'm sure the result would be better. Not sure what number 4 is all about, to be honest nothing about it works.

The best of these for me is 2 without any creases .

Out of curiosity you mention your getting asked to do more and more of this type of photography. May I ask what is it exactly.

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Access
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A few from a recent shoot

bbourizk wrote:
Out of curiosity you mention your getting asked to do more and more of this type of photography. May I ask what is it exactly.

Fashion or such (honestly I don't know much about fashion). And impromptu photography on a short notice; in places and at times not really well suited for photography.

We do very plain or nondescript background shots too, but mostly those are for graphic design purposes. From a photographic perspective, it is very cliche' (brick walls, white backgrounds, etc.)

The photographic background in the first two shots wasn't mine, it, the lights, even the room were basically one of a few communal items provided by the IfSL.

Jan 11, 2013 at 04:30 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.