Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Canon 6D at Best Buy

coppertop
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Canon 6D at Best Buy

Well... saved some, sold some and went to buy the 6D this morning. Best Buy has the body only on sale for $1999 and in a way I kinda like buying local.

Started talking to the sales rep about BuyDig offering the 6D for $1899 a few weeks ago. The sales rep pulls out his iPhone, scans the bar code with an app called RedLaser (finds the best online deal) and sees it listed for $1899 as some obscure website called FumFie.com.

BestBuy matched the price.

Jan 08, 2013 at 05:40 PM
svassh
• • •
p.1 #2 · Canon 6D at Best Buy

Nice!, Congrats

Jan 08, 2013 at 05:42 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Canon 6D at Best Buy

Nice!

Congrats on your new camera.

Jan 08, 2013 at 05:43 PM
WilliamFinley
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Canon 6D at Best Buy

That's good news. Thanks for the info. I've got a local Best Buy, and was thinking 'bout upgrading my old 5D

Jan 08, 2013 at 10:06 PM
cputeq
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Canon 6D at Best Buy

Cool app, just tried it out

Jan 09, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Canon 6D at Best Buy

Saw a guy at the local Fry's electronic store using an app to scan products asked what it was and it was Redlazor. Great app. The nice thing about Best Buy is they have 18 months same as cash......So tempting. Been in 3 times to look at 6D and D600 have not walked out with anything yet.

Jan 09, 2013 at 03:12 AM
claymiller

p.1 #7 · Canon 6D at Best Buy

I bought my 5DMIII at Best Buy using their price matching as well. Got it for $2800 and 36 months same as cash. Had to pay sales tax though. You can get 36 months, you just have to ask for it. Good luck!

Jan 09, 2013 at 03:23 AM
galenapass
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Canon 6D at Best Buy

"Best Buy has the body only on sale for $1999 and in a way I kinda like buying local"

Good idea "buy local" at a national chain.

App sounds cool!

Edited on Jan 09, 2013 at 03:53 AM · View previous versions

Jan 09, 2013 at 03:42 AM
vivisha
• •
p.1 #9 · Canon 6D at Best Buy

$86 a month is not bad for a 5Dlll, I kind of did the same thing: I bought 2 and then traded them in combination with another camera and lens for a 1DX and 200L F2.

Jan 09, 2013 at 03:52 AM
coppertop
• • •
p.1 #10 · Canon 6D at Best Buy

galenapass wrote:
"Best Buy has the body only on sale for $1999 and in a way I kinda like buying local"

Good idea "buy local" at a national chain.

App sounds cool!

yep... if there's an issue with the camera, I'm just down the road to exchange or flat out return it and the taxes are local.

Jan 09, 2013 at 04:17 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Weasel_Loader
• • •
p.1 #11 · Canon 6D at Best Buy

That's great. Our Best Buy never has the high end stuff. Best they get in store is 7D and D7000.

Jan 09, 2013 at 04:19 AM
robbymack
• •
p.1 #12 · Canon 6D at Best Buy

Congrats on the new toy. But about it being local, may want to check into all of that. Best buy obviously isn't local and most big box stores get reprieve from local sales tax to move into areas. They say they will bring jobs which in turn brings revenue so the city/state often times waives sales taxes for a period, interestingly its usually the same period of their lease so when the lease is up they auction themselves to a new town for the same sweetheart deal...but i digress. so the chances are not much went to the local community. Next time really buy local and use your mom and pop camera store...if there are any left by then.

Jan 09, 2013 at 04:43 AM
smmokan16
• •
p.1 #13 · Canon 6D at Best Buy

The sales tax went to the local government, there's no doubting that. Plus like he already said, the store is local (down the street) so he has a local return option.

Jan 09, 2013 at 05:08 AM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #14 · Canon 6D at Best Buy

Weasel_Loader wrote:
That's great. Our Best Buy never has the high end stuff.

I haven't seen a 6D in my local BB

Jan 09, 2013 at 11:27 AM
vsg28
• • •
p.1 #15 · Canon 6D at Best Buy

I haven't seen anything bigger than a Rebel at the Best Buys here.

Jan 09, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Tom Boucher
• •
p.1 #16 · Canon 6D at Best Buy

In Raleigh there is one 'high end' best buy that has the higher value things across the platform like high end plasma TVs, etc. the other stores are lightly stocked with the more bargain/low end stuff. They probably do that in a lot of bigger areas.

Jan 09, 2013 at 01:34 PM
Asthax

p.1 #17 · Canon 6D at Best Buy

Good thing Red Laser didn't tell the Best Buy employee that Fumfie.com is a bait-and-switch seller from whom you would have gotten a grey market 6D.

But anyway, nice score on the deal.

Jan 09, 2013 at 01:44 PM
jamesf99
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · Canon 6D at Best Buy

Weasel_Loader wrote:
That's great. Our Best Buy never has the high end stuff. Best they get in store is 7D and D7000.

Just wait a while. The 6d is certainly NOT "high end", or even remotely close to it.

Jan 09, 2013 at 01:57 PM
artyH

p.1 #19 · Canon 6D at Best Buy

I have gotten a camera from them in the past, but I would rather buy from a reputable online vendor. They have a lousy return policy on cameras. Check it out.

Jan 09, 2013 at 02:16 PM
BluesWest
• • •
p.1 #20 · Canon 6D at Best Buy

flat out return it

Less the 15% restocking fee...

John

Jan 09, 2013 at 08:46 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end