Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       end

Archive 2013 · Nikon LOST My D4!!! Found It A Week Later. Then Sent It B...

LivLif
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Nikon LOST My D4!!! Found It A Week Later. Then Sent It Back Broken.

This has absolutely been the WORST customer service experience I have EVER had with a company. I'm an NPS member and one of the official photographers for the 2013 presidential inauguration. I decided I might as well send in my main camera and have it cleaned and have them fix an issue that I have with my WT-5 transmitter (will not screw all the way into the D4). I was going to need its functionality to wirelessly tether the camera so we can upload images directly to the media outlets and the organization I'm shooting for. I sent in the camera, WT-5 and a Nikon 24mm 1.4 on 12/17/12. Nikon received them on 12/19/12. ON 12/21/12 I received a Service order number for the 24mm but nothing for the D4 or WT-5. This is what got me worried. They were all in the same box. How could I not receive a SO# for the D4 and WT-5 which was next to the lens in the box. I immediately called Nikon Customer care who contacts the NIkon service center. The service center tells them they can't find my camera or WT-5. At this point I'm sick to my stomach thinking about this situation. I can't believe that they would be careless enough to loose a $6000 camera. They said they will try to locate them and get back to me as soon as they find it. After calling everyday for SIX days talking to countless reps and two supervisors they finally find the camera and start the repair on 1/3/13. Today (1/8/13) I received the camera in the mail via UPS only to find that the WT-5 transmitter still doesn't work. I called into Customer care and they offered to send me a shipping label to have the camera repaired again. I can't believe I went through all of this and still have a broken camera. Where is the quality control? Do their repair technicians even check the functionality before leaving the service center? It's complete BS that I have to send in the camera again for repair. I'm so pissed at Nikon right now. I even tried contacting David Dentry, who is in charge of the Nikon customer experience and Nikon NPS, and never got a reply. Nikon really dropped the ball on this.

Jan 08, 2013 at 04:11 PM
Zebrabot
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Nikon LOST My D4!!! Found It A Week Later. Then Sent It Back Broken.

and?

write a bad yelp review, go on about how important you are too.

Jan 08, 2013 at 04:21 PM
vchowdhary
• • •
p.1 #3 · Nikon LOST My D4!!! Found It A Week Later. Then Sent It Back Broken.

Nikon US customer service is pretty terrible.

On the Canon front, atleast the reps are easier to work with. I have not had to send in anything to Canon yet.

Jan 08, 2013 at 04:22 PM
mshi
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Nikon LOST My D4!!! Found It A Week Later. Then Sent It Back Broken.

There is nothing new under the sun. It happens all the time. The learned lesson here is that you only send in one item per box since the increased shipping charges can well compensate your agony and the time that you will have to waste tracking the issue.

Jan 08, 2013 at 04:27 PM
Jon_Doh
• •
p.1 #5 · Nikon LOST My D4!!! Found It A Week Later. Then Sent It Back Broken.

If you are shooting something as important as the Presidential Inauguration then you should be shooting with Canon

Jan 08, 2013 at 04:55 PM
Jun Zhou
• • •
p.1 #6 · Nikon LOST My D4!!! Found It A Week Later. Then Sent It Back Broken.

Zebrabot wrote:
and?

write a bad yelp review, go on about how important you are too.

Yelp does not help at all coz Yelp would contact Nikon and ask for $$ to remove negative feedback

Jan 08, 2013 at 05:01 PM
boshek
• • •
p.1 #7 · Nikon LOST My D4!!! Found It A Week Later. Then Sent It Back Broken.

http://nikoncamerarepair.com/

no more nikon service for me( and I live 15 minutes from Melville)

Jan 08, 2013 at 05:36 PM
rick_reno
• •
p.1 #8 · Nikon LOST My D4!!! Found It A Week Later. Then Sent It Back Broken.

Spray the shipping box with gold paint, that'll grab their eye and you'll immediately be identified as someone very important.

Jan 08, 2013 at 05:39 PM
davidnholtjr
• • •
p.1 #9 · Nikon LOST My D4!!! Found It A Week Later. Then Sent It Back Broken.

Sorry to hear about your problems.

I have not sent anything into Nikon for a year or so, but when I did I had no problems. Got my item back fixed and working great and turn around time was pretty fast (less then 3 weeks)

Jan 08, 2013 at 05:49 PM
davidnholtjr
• • •
p.1 #10 · Nikon LOST My D4!!! Found It A Week Later. Then Sent It Back Broken.

boshek wrote:
http://nikoncamerarepair.com/

no more nikon service for me( and I live 15 minutes from Melville)

Does this place honor the Nikon 5 year warranty on lenses?

Jan 08, 2013 at 05:54 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

DABNIK
• • •
p.1 #11 · Nikon LOST My D4!!! Found It A Week Later. Then Sent It Back Broken.

to the OP:

That is NOT service. I would suggest sending a copy of your e-mail above to the VP of Nikon USA and every other Nikon person you can find.. It may NOT help but it won't hurt & maybe something can be done.

Jan 08, 2013 at 06:34 PM
Gregg B.
• • •
p.1 #12 · Nikon LOST My D4!!! Found It A Week Later. Then Sent It Back Broken.

vchowdhary wrote:
Nikon US customer service is pretty terrible.

On the Canon front, atleast the reps are easier to work with. I have not had to send in anything to Canon yet.

I beg to differ. I used to be a Canon shooter and I hated their service here in Irvine CA.
I have Nikon for over 7 years now, and I didn't have any issues with Nikon in El Segundo.
I guess it all depends where you sent it in, and what technician will pick your camera up to work on it....

Jan 08, 2013 at 06:42 PM
Jun Zhou
• • •
p.1 #13 · Nikon LOST My D4!!! Found It A Week Later. Then Sent It Back Broken.

Gregg B. wrote:
I beg to differ. I used to be a Canon shooter and I hated their service here in Irvine CA.
I have Nikon for over 7 years now, and I didn't have any issues with Nikon in El Segundo.
I guess it all depends where you sent it in, and what technician will pick your camera up to work on it....

hmm, I actually had good experience with Canon in Irvine coz their service was fast and pretty good.
I don't know nikon service because I haven't sent anything to nikon yet. Nikon has good building quality FTW.

Jan 08, 2013 at 06:51 PM
lxdesign
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · Nikon LOST My D4!!! Found It A Week Later. Then Sent It Back Broken.

Who cares who you are .... contact Nikon and bitch to them. Honestly tired of hearing people complain about Nikon service here in this forum. You got a problem - tell them, not us.

Jan 08, 2013 at 09:18 PM
HauntedHat
• •
p.1 #15 · Nikon LOST My D4!!! Found It A Week Later. Then Sent It Back Broken.

I don't understand why you guys are being mean to the OP. I mean, yes he's bitching, but he's right you are buying a not-so-cheap-product and a service, you should at least be treated well and get the service you paid for.

Are you guys so used to be treated badly by the ones that offer you their services that you think that it is OK to not get a good service?

Stockholm syndrome much?

Jan 08, 2013 at 09:34 PM
boshek
• • •
p.1 #16 · Nikon LOST My D4!!! Found It A Week Later. Then Sent It Back Broken.

davidnholtjr wrote:
Does this place honor the Nikon 5 year warranty on lenses?

they are Nikon authorized so I'd assume so. But a phone call will answer that, they are quite good on the phone

Jan 08, 2013 at 09:36 PM
boshek
• • •
p.1 #17 · Nikon LOST My D4!!! Found It A Week Later. Then Sent It Back Broken.

HauntedHat wrote:
I don't understand why you guys are being mean to the OP. I mean, yes he's bitching, but he's right you are buying a not-so-cheap-product and a service, you should at least be treated well and get the service you paid for.

Are you guys so used to be treated badly by the ones that offer you their services that you think that it is OK to not get a good service?

Stockholm syndrome much?

+1

Jan 08, 2013 at 09:37 PM
lxdesign
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · Nikon LOST My D4!!! Found It A Week Later. Then Sent It Back Broken.

I am sorry, but whether you are shooting flowers in the garden or the president of the USA ... you should be treated the same. Who gives a darn what you do...... so that is all I am saying. And for that matter, this is exactly the reason why I have a backup body. Something goes wrong, I have another camera ready to go.

Jan 08, 2013 at 10:08 PM
opies2
• • •
p.1 #19 · Nikon LOST My D4!!! Found It A Week Later. Then Sent It Back Broken.

we(rental house) send items in to Nikon all the time...we refer to them as la la land. Last month we received a 70-200 back from Nikon where it was for over 2 months. They didn't package it correctly and UPS trashed the lens. We immediately contacted them, took pictures, spoke to a cust rep that said it will be taken care of and we should get an email with a label within 24 hours...well 3 days later we call back and get "we are still trying to get a supervisor to approve the return !!! " took another 2 days and we get the label...sent in the lens and a week later get an email with a BILL for 600.00 ....they said it was "impact damage " !!! ...after speaking with countless reps and supervisors we got the lens back several weeks later...now we are not biased because we rent Canon as well...but I gotta tell you it's night and day...i had a Canon supervisor call me once to let me know that the lens was on hold because they had a part on back order...they only had lens for 2 days...my 2 cents...Nikon we love your product...not the service

Jan 08, 2013 at 10:13 PM
scottam10
• • •
p.1 #20 · Nikon LOST My D4!!! Found It A Week Later. Then Sent It Back Broken.

HauntedHat wrote:

Stockholm syndrome much?

+1

OP has every right to complain. That's pretty bad customer service by any standard, let alone for a so-called professional membership which should give you premium service.

Agree with writing to Nikon VP

Jan 08, 2013 at 10:17 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password