Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Imaging USA Jan 2013 - Who's Going?

sherijohnson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Imaging USA Jan 2013 - Who's Going?

Just thought I would check in and see who is going to Imaging USA this month, it's in Atlanta..... I am just going to the Expo, I had plans of attending everything but then I got a photography job on one of the days of the event, so that sorta changed my plans for me.

On the evening of the 20th which is the day I will be there, there is also a wedding album design seminar for SMUG in Atlanta in another location, I plan on going to that also, they have a signup for it if you want the info, let me know.

Jan 08, 2013 at 11:49 AM
JakeB.
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Imaging USA Jan 2013 - Who's Going?

Gah... I'm registered for the whole shebang, but now I have out of town jobs the 18th-19th and 23rd-26th and I just don't think I can do Atlanta too.
Not to mention, I don't want to spend the money to get there (I was going to drive) and for hotel/food.

Oh well, my second shooter will be there. So hopefully she'll bring home some good info. Have fun!

Jan 08, 2013 at 01:27 PM
skiboarder72
• •
p.1 #3 · Imaging USA Jan 2013 - Who's Going?

I'll be there for the whole thing. Excited to see what it all looks like. Never been to any of the big photographer convention things before!

Jan 08, 2013 at 01:50 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Imaging USA Jan 2013 - Who's Going?

skiboarder72 wrote:
I'll be there for the whole thing. Excited to see what it all looks like. Never been to any of the big photographer convention things before!

yeah, me neither... it took them bringing right to where I am to make at do-able for me, and then I ended up getting booked during it.... oh well at least I can make it to the expo which is what I have been wanting to do for quite a while

I have been to some other events here... but nothing this big

Jan 08, 2013 at 02:58 PM
sgtbueno
• •
p.1 #5 · Imaging USA Jan 2013 - Who's Going?

Didnt know about it, can you post some info? I can make it there.

Jan 09, 2013 at 01:51 AM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · Imaging USA Jan 2013 - Who's Going?

I was gonna go but my daughter is due to arrive Feb 14th and my wife said she thinks she is coming a few weeks early. Maybe next year....

Jan 09, 2013 at 01:56 AM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Imaging USA Jan 2013 - Who's Going?

http://imagingusa.org/

Jan 09, 2013 at 11:43 AM
sgtbueno
• •
p.1 #8 · Imaging USA Jan 2013 - Who's Going?

Thank you, Sheri.

Jan 09, 2013 at 12:38 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #9 · Imaging USA Jan 2013 - Who's Going?

You are welcome!

Jan 09, 2013 at 12:47 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #10 · Imaging USA Jan 2013 - Who's Going?

If anyone wants to meet up after the expo on the 20th, I will have time to kill before I head to the smug meeting.... just send me a pm and I will make sure you have my cell, and it goes without saying if you are interested in the smug meeting, let me know I can get you details, I know they are limiting admission if it gets full to only those who have tickets, it looked like they were only admitting 65 attendees to the smug.

Jan 09, 2013 at 01:23 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

sic0048
• •
p.1 #11 · Imaging USA Jan 2013 - Who's Going?

I'll be heading there too. I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Jan 10, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Tom Dix
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · Imaging USA Jan 2013 - Who's Going?

Headed back to Atlanta for Imaging. I am in for a GTG 1/20.
Sending you PM Sheri.

Tom

Jan 10, 2013 at 06:42 AM
joshua grasso
• •
p.1 #13 · Imaging USA Jan 2013 - Who's Going?

Ill be going. Looking forward to some networking at the after party at the aquarium

Jan 11, 2013 at 12:25 AM
derbarrett
• •
p.1 #14 · Imaging USA Jan 2013 - Who's Going?

My wife has just decided that she would like to attend the full Imaging USA conference this upcoming weekend, so I just wanted to check and to see if any PPA members would be interested in splitting a member +1 registration ($269) with her. Thanks!!

Jan 14, 2013 at 05:07 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #15 · Imaging USA Jan 2013 - Who's Going?

derbarrett wrote:
My wife has just decided that she would like to attend the full Imaging USA conference this upcoming weekend, so I just wanted to check and to see if any PPA members would be interested in splitting a member +1 registration ($269) with her. Thanks!!

as I read this, I was thinking I just saw this on facebook a while ago hopefully you find someone that can help out

Jan 14, 2013 at 08:53 PM
derbarrett
• •
p.1 #16 · Imaging USA Jan 2013 - Who's Going?

Yep...it was me!!! There has to be somebody out there

Jan 14, 2013 at 09:55 PM
derbarrett
• •
p.1 #17 · Imaging USA Jan 2013 - Who's Going?

This will be my first major photography conference… do vendors like Sony, Canon, Nikon, ect…. normally offer discounts for cameras, lenses, and equipment at these things?

Jan 17, 2013 at 04:18 AM
Tom Dix
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · Imaging USA Jan 2013 - Who's Going?

Yes and no. Unlikely Canon will offer any discounts. Some vendors offer show specials. Some are special, some are not. Most will honor show discounts, for a week or so after the show. Also, some display items are discounted the last afternoon at the show. Best to go in with a game plan, and not let emotion or the moment determine how your money is spent. My own rule is to purchase nothing at the show, however, I do go in with a game plan and make a final decision the week after.
Canon does throw a great party!

Jan 17, 2013 at 04:59 AM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #19 · Imaging USA Jan 2013 - Who's Going?

SOOOO even if we haven't exchanged contact info or made arrangements to meet up.... if you see me, please say "hi" I have a feeling I will be running into people I know. My main goal is to visit the vendor booths and get a chance to see firsthand stuff I have been drooling over in magazines and online, but to actually be able to see and touch samples and to meet vendors and other online friends in person. I wish I could be there all 3 days and for all the classes but my schedule won't allow, sort of bummed that one of the days is a holiday and school is out and then the next day I have to work. At least I hadn't already bought my ticket before I found out I had to work. See you there

Jan 20, 2013 at 12:26 AM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #20 · Imaging USA Jan 2013 - Who's Going?

Just wanted to send a shout out to Tom Dix... it was nice meeting you in person at IUSA13 timing was perfect for me to take a load off, the expo wore me out, next time I sport some wheels for carrying all my stuff

Jan 28, 2013 at 01:45 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password