Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · Other-Guy-Photo

davenfl
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · Other-Guy-Photo

A tragic example and no amount of work will make the two sets comparable however, to MBMK's very pertinent example above, there appears to be absolutely no editing done to the other set of images. As a customer service and to stem the flow of tears some editing brings the images better quality, certainly not anywhere in the same universe as yours Sam. To those wanting to write articles it could be worthwhile but get your facts right by clearly stating the difference in images taken and EDITED by a superb professional versus OOC unedited shoot and run photos.

Dave

Jan 12, 2013 at 11:01 PM
astv99
• •
p.3 #2 · Other-Guy-Photo

I'm a non-wedding photog and I had to laugh at Other Guy's photos, because even I could shoot those kinds of pics!

Your photos are awesome btw and provide a fantastic sense of being at the wedding with the variety of close-ups. I don't think I realized before just how good everyone in the Wedding forum is. When you compare shots like yours to Uncle Bob quality (which is kinda how I see Other Guy's), the difference in "dynamic" has to be the most immediately noticeable aspect for me. Serious kudos to you and all of the other pro wedding photogs here - I continue to be blown away by how good you guys are.

Other Guy seriously needs to learn how to engage with the people he shoots instead of just posing them.

Jan 13, 2013 at 09:22 AM
larhouser
• •
p.3 #3 · Other-Guy-Photo

Makes me wonder if anyone ever looks at a painting and asks "what brand brushes did he use?"

Jan 14, 2013 at 04:18 PM
Steve Ortmann

p.3 #4 · Other-Guy-Photo

Enlightening and illustrative...thank you Sam. One of my all time favorite posts of FM.

Jan 24, 2013 at 02:03 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

brianclary
• •
p.3 #5 · Other-Guy-Photo

Clearly your photographs were more successful that the other photographer's photographs. What interests me is how the bride/mother were crying over them. That must have been validating to some degree but also quite uncomfortable and sad.

I would guess that you handled the situation very professionally without completely throwing the other photog completely under the bus. So did you contact the other photog and get rights to edit, to help them as requested?

Jan 24, 2013 at 02:20 PM
sozypozy
• • •
p.3 #6 · Other-Guy-Photo

really nice pictures! all the shots are beautiful. The bride would have been really happy with your work!

Jan 24, 2013 at 03:18 PM
CMB Photo
• • •
p.3 #7 · Other-Guy-Photo

iso 100, f5.6 strait on flash with no diffuser... kit lens?! other guesses?
oh I got it now! Sam shoots Canon and "the other guy" is NIkon?!?

Jan 28, 2013 at 08:38 PM
selece
• •
Account locked
p.3 #8 · Other-Guy-Photo

If you're sending that album to me Sam, I'm going to have to include a "no other-guy" photos clause. :P Just sayin'.

Jan 30, 2013 at 10:15 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password