Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Shooting from vehicle window

UKbadger

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Shooting from vehicle window

For shooting from a car window with a 100-400 5.6 in places like the Kruger NP, nothing is more versatile than a double bean bag. This is the model my wife and I use

http://www.wildlifewatchingsupplies.co.uk/retail/acatalog/Bean_Bags_1.html

You raise the window glass an inch or two and it fits very snugly and securely with a bag on either side. You can even use it on a 3/4 raised window though it will not hold the lens that steady like this.

They sit on our car doors all day long and only come in, when a dusty vehicle comes
by!

UKB

Jan 31, 2013 at 10:28 AM
knower
• •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Shooting from vehicle window

I really love my Apex BeanBag.
You can mount a head on it, its very solid and stable, can be locked to the car door handle and used on the ground as well.

Check it out!
G.

Feb 01, 2013 at 01:14 AM
wilt
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Shooting from vehicle window

DISTRACTED DRIVING!!!

Feb 18, 2013 at 07:38 PM
psharvic
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Shooting from vehicle window

The Apex bag works well with my 400 5.6 and 600 4.0. Haven't seen the need to attach a ball head. It seems to cradle the 600 more securely than my BLUBB. I can stick the lens out the window, drape my arm over it and slowly cruise back country roads without worry. I tried the pipe foam route with the 400 and decided it didn't provide the steadiness for slower shutter speeds because the lens doesn't nestle in. What's nice about the bag is that you can also use it on the roof or hood in place of dragging out a tripod. The Black Lab ate my last down vest so can't say much about that approach.

Feb 18, 2013 at 08:03 PM
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password