Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Second body for sports?

sportsdadof3
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Second body for sports?

Looking to upgrade second body (d300s currently) and thoughts D600? or D800? Used D3? I have an opportunity to purchase either at a fair price local to me. Currently use D3 ... Y'all know the environment ... Poorly lit gyms, stadiums, etc.

and yes ... Posted on the gear board too but would like feedback from the experts with experience using these bodies.

Thanks for your time,

Best to All,

Wendell

Jan 07, 2013 at 04:42 PM
Rick Denham
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Second body for sports?

upgrade to the same body you have as your primary, it makes life simple.

Jan 07, 2013 at 04:49 PM
Widgic
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Second body for sports?

Depends on what your budget is...

D800 or D600 aren't realy "sports" bodies. The choices would be D700 (uses the same grip as the D300s), D3 and D3s.

A few other comments:

- D300s being a crop sensor gives you the extra 1.5x reach on your lenses. Going full frame on your spare body (assuming you do not keep the D300s) you will loose that.

- D700 could be a good choice, same low light performance as the D3, same frame rate when used with the grip, the grip can be set to accept the D3 batteries, smaller body when not used with the grip (good for everyday / travel use), and used prices have been dropping dramatically since the introduction of the D800/D600.

- Ergonomics are important (at least to me), and it's always a struggle (again for me) to deal with two different bodies when covering an event: different controls, etc... lead to errors and lost shot opportunities. So my recommendation, if you can afford it, would be to have two bodies with very similar controls (D3 + D3s for example).

Denis
www.widgic.com

Jan 07, 2013 at 04:58 PM
Carl Auer
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Second body for sports?

Please keep gear specific posts in the correct gear discussion board, I have moved one post like this over there already and the response over there has been very good with great information.

Jan 07, 2013 at 05:47 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password