Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · QR Codes on Business Cards

No, thank you.

Jul 30, 2013 at 12:42 PM
drewmey
• •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · QR Codes on Business Cards

You should go all out and put nfc chips inside your business cards. Might get a little expensive...oh well!

Jul 30, 2013 at 01:03 PM
drewmey
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · QR Codes on Business Cards

"I suggest you also check Olocode (www.olocode.com) an alternative to QR code for contact management that does not require scanning with a camera phone nor an app to be downloaded.
Olocode takes minimal space on business cards and includes full contact details and your picture, while QR codes contain less than a tweet, hardly your full contact details and surely not a photo.
Imagine - as the user now has your picture in their contact book, whenever they look for you, call you or receive your call your smile will fill their screen!
Olocode can also be added to email signatures, scribble on a palm or piece of paper or spelled on the phone. It works on smartphones, PCs, Macs and tablets with no software to download and keeps people updated if your contact details change."

This seems great in concept but if I received a card with the "ABCD.1234" code on it, there is a pretty close to 0% chance that I am going to travel to olocode.com on my phone and type that in.

I would think the ultimate solution (until QR codes can contain more info) would be a QR Code that has a link to a website, which downloads a larger vCard file containing everything the olocode would have. Still get the nice quality picture etc.

Jul 30, 2013 at 01:16 PM
thumbtag

p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · QR Codes on Business Cards

You could skip over QR codes and add NFC tag stickers to the back of your cards instead. With these your contact info will get saved into other people's phones when they tap their phone to your card. Also, you won't need to hand out as many cards and it'll be more memorable for your clients.

You can learn more at Thumbtag.

Nov 11, 2013 at 05:59 PM
swordfishphoto
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · QR Codes on Business Cards

Thought about it. But I have black cards so it wouldn't have worked. My website was easy enough and I used the saved real estate to put pretty pictures and make it look fancy. All depends on what you're going after.

And what they said above, if you're gonna do it, do it differently. You can make the codes look like just about whatever you want.

Nov 27, 2013 at 12:47 AM
       end

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.