Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Basketball T&I Photo

jmcaverly
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Basketball T&I Photo

Tom D wrote:
Looking better Jeff. Here's another idea that uses the light blue and adds a reflective quality. The full text coloring in your last version seems to make the text pop better, though...

Thanks Tom. Your reflective text looks good. I was just trying a gradient on some text for another team photo that I am working on. thanks for the input.

Jeff

Jan 09, 2013 at 03:41 PM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Basketball T&I Photo

I like this one best so far...

jmcaverly wrote:
Thanks Paul, Here is a version with your suggestions. I do like the light blue text with the dark background. So many choices......

Thanks,

Jeff

Jan 09, 2013 at 03:49 PM
jmcaverly
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Basketball T&I Photo

gschlact wrote:
I think I like the black background the most as it makes it more about the image. If you want more emphasis on the text, either of the two following the black works.

Just don't forget to fix the two spots under the wrist / forearm so that they get the new background.

Would you mind sharing you technique for doing the cutout in PS? I have CS5.5 but they are probably similar.

Guy

Guy,

All I did for this cutout was to use the Quick Selection Tool in Photoshop. I just drug the selection onto a new background and I might have burned the edges a little. When I make my final version, I will make a better cutout and I will use the Refine Edge option to clean up the selection. In the Refine Edge dialog box, you can chose to output the selection as a layer mask. You can also choose the Decontaminate Colors box in the output section in Photoshop 6 to clean up the color spill around the edges. I have limited skills for cutouts, but this is a start. Hoping to educate myself this winter by doing more.

Jeff

Jan 09, 2013 at 03:59 PM
sozypozy
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Basketball T&I Photo

I like your version of the picture! I think its fine though the only think that doesn't work for me is how the word GARBER has been cut by his head. That doesn't work too well for me.

Jan 10, 2013 at 05:17 PM
       end

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password