Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Utah lake ice.

andyjaggy82
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Utah lake ice.

Just another frozen morning at Utah lake. Lot's of these types of morning lately.

Jan 07, 2013 at 03:05 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Utah lake ice.

Hey Andy,

What cool colors you got there, and the frozen lake makes for a super foreground. It looks like in the middle of the sky there is some reds that are blown that you might want to look at, but other than that, very nicely done.

Jim

Jan 07, 2013 at 08:34 AM
stanparker
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Utah lake ice.

Love this one. We camped very close to Utah Lake for 10 days last Sept, wasn't at all like this.

Jan 07, 2013 at 03:23 PM
ben egbert
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Utah lake ice.

Nice work Andy. The haze has kept me home, but you made it work for you here. How far south were you?

Jan 07, 2013 at 03:25 PM
andyjaggy82
• • •
p.1 #5 · Utah lake ice.

Stan, Utah lake is normally pretty ugly and stinky, it's quite lovely in the winter though.

Ben, agreed, I haven't been out much because of the haze, but in this case it seems to have worked to my advantage, hiding all of the city lights in the distance. I don't think it would have worked without the wonderfully detailed foreground though. This was taken at AF boat harbor.

Jan 07, 2013 at 03:28 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ben egbert
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · Utah lake ice.

andyjaggy82 wrote:
Stan, Utah lake is normally pretty ugly and stinky, it's quite lovely in the winter though.

Ben, agreed, I haven't been out much because of the haze, but in this case it seems to have worked to my advantage, hiding all of the city lights in the distance. I don't think it would have worked without the wonderfully detailed foreground though. This was taken at AF boat harbor.

Aha, I have been going to the other side.

Jan 07, 2013 at 03:44 PM
andyjaggy82
• • •
p.1 #7 · Utah lake ice.

AF boat harbor provides the ability to shoot towards the west and towards the east, so it's very nice for both sunrise and sunset shots, as such it's usually my go to place for shooting Utah lake, it helps that it's 2 miles from my house.

Jan 07, 2013 at 04:55 PM
helenica
• • •
p.1 #8 · Utah lake ice.

Boy am I jealous of your weather conditions! We have had nothing else but grey skies and drizzle for weeks. Lovely textures and colour. I would have preferred a vertical composition with more foreground.

Jan 07, 2013 at 05:04 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · Utah lake ice.

Nice one Andy!
Looks below zero!

Jan 07, 2013 at 05:20 PM
andyjaggy82
• • •
p.1 #10 · Utah lake ice.

When isn't it below zero these days? I'm not sure what it's like in Moab, but I'm not sure it's been above zero for about 2 weeks here.

I did the square composition, because that's kind of my thing lately. I have a huge gigantic wall in my home I am filling up with a row of square images, kind of gallery like. So I've been shooting a lot of squares trying to get more options for prints.

Does the horizon look wonky to anyone else? It looks like I might have some distortion going on.

Jan 07, 2013 at 05:25 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password