Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · A couple from yesterday - HELP with processing...

ct8282
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · A couple from yesterday - HELP with processing...

Managed to grab a few shots of my lovely lady yesterday but just can't settle on the processing, at all. I'm relatively happy with where I've got to on these but just feel they're not quite there. Of course I welcome all critique so please do feel free to comment on poses, positioning, lighting etc, but especially interested in your thoughts on processing this time....

Sam by ct8282, on Flickr

I'm quite happy with this one. I would like to improve my skin smoothing skills but overall I'm quite satisfied with how this has turned out, considering the overall shot that is.

Sam (1) by ct8282, on Flickr

This one is just irritating me. I can't quite put my finger on it but something about it looks a little odd to me. From an overall portrait perspective I think it is lacking some rim lighting to improve separation of the model from the background and add some pop to her hair. The lighting was very poor yesterday and I didn't have my flash kit available so was shooting at iso 1250. This affected the sharpness and crispness of the image I think, and the flat lighting has left the image quite flat itself. But I'm sure you processing wizards could make this image much better regardless. Thoughts?

Chris

Jan 06, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Scorpio69
• •
p.1 #2 · A couple from yesterday - HELP with processing...

Pretty lady. I think the first picture looks good, but her hand seems out of place...like a disembodied hand holding up her head. If you could see it with the elbow on a table it would be ok.

The second picture the background is a bit disturbing and her pose is somewhat awkward. The scarf is overpowering and the jacket just isn't helping.

I think the lighting on her face looks fine though.

Checked out your other photos...you have some really nice ones in there!!

Jan 06, 2013 at 06:35 PM
ct8282
• • • •
p.1 #3 · A couple from yesterday - HELP with processing...

Ha ha. You know what, I know what you mean now you say it. The hand in 1 does look a little odd. You know you've completely ruined that shot for me now don't you! lol.

Thanks for the comments. The more I loom at these the more I realise I'm not happy with them.

Back to the drawing board.

Jan 06, 2013 at 07:54 PM
deinfaces
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · A couple from yesterday - HELP with processing...

What eyes! In the second one, I think that shooting low to high is not helping. It emphasizes a large ill-defined dark area and wrinkled jacket with her beautiful face being relatively small.

Jan 06, 2013 at 09:21 PM

benee
• • •
p.1 #5 · A couple from yesterday - HELP with processing...

deinfaces wrote:
What eyes! In the second one, I think that shooting low to high is not helping. It emphasizes a large ill-defined dark area and wrinkled jacket with her beautiful face being relatively small.

exactly. The shoting angle isnt as flattering in 2. nice work on number 1

Jan 07, 2013 at 01:42 AM
kayautho

p.1 #6 · A couple from yesterday - HELP with processing...

looks good to me. The only thing I might do is remove the shadows under her eyes (in the first shot)

Jan 07, 2013 at 01:45 AM
jhobgood
• • •
p.1 #7 · A couple from yesterday - HELP with processing...

I like #1. Hand could be better but it's ok.

the part that ruins #2 for me is the fact that the lower part of the jacket and the pants are so dark that her hands seem to be floating in space. The angle is a little low as already stated.

Thanks for sharing!

Jim

Jan 07, 2013 at 03:43 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password