Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Frozen falls

Lee Wiren
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Frozen falls

These aren't the best... went to the Gorge today to do an engagement session. It was a little icy and cold in the Gorge, quite beautiful though, I may have to go up for more shots when i'm alone and not shooting with clients.

Jan 06, 2013 at 06:43 AM
Matt Tilghman
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Frozen falls

An engagement session? Out there?? Yowza that sounds cold! (or did you just take these on the way?)

Jan 06, 2013 at 05:34 PM
Lee Wiren
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Frozen falls

Yup, it was cold..... we stopped at Multnomah Falls, then went on to Latourell Falls and back to Sheopherds Dell. It was so cold, they didn't want to do a lot of the poses I asked them to do, but were willing to hike to the bridge...?!? Most of the shots looked same/same to me, but as it was for my God sister and I wasn't charging and they want them straight away for a March Wedding invite.. I wasn't going to argue a whole lot.

Jan 06, 2013 at 11:24 PM
AMaji
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Frozen falls

Multnomah Falls never fails to wow me. The hanging icicles create a different feel.

Jan 06, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Lee Wiren
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Frozen falls

There was one of the trickling falls on the old highway where no pedestrians are allowed that had frozen and kept dribbling... freezing... it looked like one huge waterfall that had frozen in mid stream at an instant... it was pretty cool, wish I could have gotten a photo of that one.

Jan 07, 2013 at 12:11 AM
austriker
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Frozen falls

Nice. I wonder how much improvement could be had from a longer exposure (im not an expert so Im honestly wondering)

Jan 07, 2013 at 01:28 PM
Lee Wiren
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Frozen falls

austriker wrote:
Nice. I wonder how much improvement could be had from a longer exposure (im not an expert so Im honestly wondering)

Yeah, I would like to go up for just a landscape shoot and take the time to try several SS's and see the effects. Shutter Speed on water can be quite subjective... some like short speeds and others (myself included) like longer speeds... finding a balance that appeals to the masses at is the challenge. Some waterfalls are great with lengthier speeds and others require a bit shorter... water is an enjoyable challenge and waterfalls more so as the flow is ever changing with the seasons.

When I get a chance to go back up and capture this scene, I will try other shutter speeds and post again. I am suprised not to see other shots up here as I did encounter a few other landscapers out and about and I figured at least one of them must surely post here on FM.

Lee

Jan 07, 2013 at 04:15 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password