Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Portraits for C+C

matt1116
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Portraits for C+C

Not overly satisfied about these portraits of my daughter. Maybe I am just tired but not feeling great about these. Did not help she was not really into taking these, also used a background which I do not do much. Any comments would definitely be welcome.

Jan 06, 2013 at 04:09 AM
matt1116
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Portraits for C+C

Some more.

Jan 06, 2013 at 04:11 AM
matt1116
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Portraits for C+C

Couple more.

Jan 06, 2013 at 04:13 AM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Portraits for C+C

Still learning the nuances of portraits myself, so I am no expert, but I like these. My only suggestion is to warm up the WB on the few that need it, although some may like that cool look.. Pay attention to your lighting as a couple of them have a baggy or black eye effect (darker shadowing on her lower eye lids). Could it be makeup? Overall, I'd say well done and I really like her pose and mischievous look in #10, which is one of the shots with the lower lid shadows, but perhaps that works in that shot!

Edit: Was viewing these on an iPad last night and didn't notice the wrinkles in the BG.

Greg

Edited on Jan 06, 2013 at 02:33 PM · View previous versions

Jan 06, 2013 at 07:24 AM

bbourizk
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Portraits for C+C

The background wouldn't be my first choice here...it's competing way too much with her.

Jan 06, 2013 at 11:27 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Portraits for C+C

6 and 11 for me, change the BG

Jan 06, 2013 at 01:05 PM
matt1116
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Portraits for C+C

After getting some sleep it seems shots are better than I was thinking last night. Looking now it was background colour bothering me, too much grey. Need some new backgrounds or gel the light. Going too study some portraits with backgrounds that I like and figure out how too get the look I want.

Jan 06, 2013 at 03:37 PM
brianclary
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Portraits for C+C

For me, it's mostly the backdrop. I can imagine images #1 and #2, for example, on a flat, beige background, and think they'd be really nice! For these, it seems like the backdrop is (a) too 'edgy' and contrasty for the subject, (b) competing with the subject, and (c) wrinkled.

Even a plain white wall, made grey with light dropoff, would be nicer.

To some of the other comments, the WB might be slightly cool on some of these, not sure, and I'd definitely watch the lines under the eyes...some of the images it's really exaggerated.

But all that being said, you have some great stuff in here! You could PS the heck out of it, or just do another shoot, but some good material!! Thanks for sharing!

Jan 06, 2013 at 04:10 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password