New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Let's be civil now...

WilliamFinley
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Let's be civil now...

Found this capture collecting cob webs in the vault. 2011 Civil War Reenactment in Mariposa, Ca.

Hope you enjoy, Bill

Jan 05, 2013 at 10:01 PM
neilvan
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Let's be civil now...

A very nice image you have presented here Bill. The tonality is absolutely wonderful (care to share your techinque/tool?). I like the composition and subject. The brightness of the awning to the left and behind the horses is distracting but isn't overly detrimental.

Jan 05, 2013 at 10:15 PM
TooManyShots
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Let's be civil now...

Very nice capture. It does not have that overbearing gray tone. There are enough darker gray tones and vibrant highlight to make it a realistic BW photo. The shot is a bit too clean looking though.

Jan 05, 2013 at 10:16 PM
WilliamFinley
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Let's be civil now...

Thanks. Yes I did edit it with the intention of looking a bit cleaner than most B&W's. For some reason it appealed to my eye that way. As far a technique I used the B&W converter in Photoshop CS3. I then used multiple layers and masks to lighten specific areas of the photo, and then sharpened the bejesus out of it. I really wanted the horses faces and expressions to stand out.

Bill

Jan 05, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Dougo
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Let's be civil now...

Nice shot and very well processed Bill, I love how both horses are looking straight at the camera.

Cheers Ray

Jan 06, 2013 at 04:32 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Let's be civil now...

The processing is excellent, and yes a clean look. I am fine with it, but could readily accept the argument that it does not fit the historical subject.
Nice comp.
Scott

Jan 06, 2013 at 08:05 AM
WilliamFinley
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Let's be civil now...

sbeme wrote:
but could readily accept the argument that it does not fit the historical subject.

Scott

Agreed.

Jan 06, 2013 at 11:49 AM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.